Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

Groovin'
Alazar
Accepted Solution

Tv won't turn on

I was just looking something up while sitting with the tv on, playing Xbox, then the video and audio cut out. The red light indicating power was still on. Now it just blinks 4 times on and on. I looked this up and saw it was a circut problem and could cost anywhere from 100-$280 to fix. I also found something i heard rarely works called a hard reset, where you unplug the tv for at least 4 hours. I was told that even if this does work, its only temporary. Is there anything i can do? I just don't want my grandfather to think i broke his television. He's had it less than a month.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: Tv won't turn on

If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the TV.

Also, ensure that the back of the TV is well ventilated as the TV may be overheating.

If the issue still persists, the TV will require service. You can locate the nearest authorized service centers from the below link.

https://eservice.sony.com

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
ed_ Tuning Up
Tuning Up
ed_

My kdl60ex720 just did the same thing about two hours ago. I tried power strip, turned off and unplugged for 15 minutes, tried the up arrow and power button. Still blinks red twice > 4second pause > blinks red twice repeatedly

Thanks Ed

PS Warranty was up March 3rd :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
nebucyri

I also have similar issue for my KDL46EX720. Few months back the TV started turning off and on automatically. Then as per the advice from customer care i did a factory reset and it worked for a while. Then again it started turning off, this time i have to power off for 15 mins then only it turned on again, i called customer care and by the time the service person arrived the TV is dead. It never turned on.

The service person is saying the circut board is gone and needs to be replaced. The TV is just 13 months old. I have paid 1Lakh and it starts showing complaint in just 13 months. 

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
seipel2

I too had the same problem with my KDL-V32XBR1.  I was able to fix it with the following:  Unplug the TV.  On the remote depress and hold the up arrow button.  Plug in the TV.  Release the power button.  The TV should cycle off and on, no picture, with the red, standby, light flashing four times.  Now depress the power button on the remote.  If the picture does not appear depress the power button again.   Now when I start the TV from an off position I need to depress the power button a second time to display a picture.  

i was able to  

Please use plain text.