Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (902 Views)

What is Sony Android TV doing in background on standby that affects a Yamaha MC while playing CD?

Hello

I have a strange problem with TV and Yamaha Pianocraft. Local Sony support already tried to resolve the issue with limited success.

TV : Sony XE9005 

Audio/Blu-ray : Yamaha MCR-755

Yamaha connected to TV via (high speed) HDMI cable ARC (no-ARC does not change the behavior).

Problem:

When TV is in stand-by mode and Yamaha is playing CD - the CD "stutters" from time to time, in equal time periods.

Initially the CD was stuttering (repeating around 1s of audio) every 30seconds. Now it is every 5 minutes. Exactly.

The problem goes away when :

- I turn on the TV. I can turn off the screen, but TV cannot go to stand-by

- I plug-off the HDMI cable from Yamaha.

Together with local Sony support I did following steps:

- Check ARC/no-ARC HDMI ports

- Un-plug other recievers

- TV software update, factory reset

- Turn off Bravia Sync and Yamaha-s HDMI control

- Turn off software update search on stand-by

- Turn off tv guide update on stand-by 

- Turn off sending stats to Google

Something changed. Audio is not stuttering every 30s but every 5 mins now. After factory reset and config changes. This means that it's some scheduled task the TV is performing on stand-by.

Question:

Does anyone know what is the strange scheduled task that Bravia Android TV is doing on stand-by every 5 miuntes and how to turn it off? Maybe someone from Sony team can raise a query to dev team?

Expert
Message 2 of 4 (873 Views)

Re: What is Sony Android TV doing in background on standby that affects a Yamaha MC while playing CD?

[ Edited ]

Sony support is useless. They usually don't know anything.

The problem has been known for 2 years and Sony is doing nothing about it. Problem is that Sony TVs wake up from standby every few seconds, see bug report here. Sony is only pointing fingers at Google. Philips on the other hand prevent those wakeups on their ATV products.

Those frequent wakeups might also be the cause for several damages.

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (858 Views)

Re: What is Sony Android TV doing in background on standby that affects a Yamaha MC while playing CD?

Do you have any other links?
Expert
Message 4 of 4 (856 Views)

Just for your information, this is my personal Sony ATV bug tracker. Don't expect those bugs to ever get fixed. Sony does not care about software and does not see it as part of the product.

You may find my detailed review about Sony Android TV here.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook