Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

USER-912305

bravia hx800 doesn't refresh internet content

My kdl-46hx800 doesn't refresh updated internet content. Its just sits on acquiring internet content. I have a usb wireless dongle.
I tested the network connectivity and everything is OK. I called sony support, they made me do a factory reset, still the same thing
Any clue what's going on? I asked the support tech, if he knows where the content provider is, he had no idea. It maybe that the content provider is having issues on their end??
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sonymod_wi

Re: bravia hx800 doesn't refresh internet content

Thank you for your post.
Make sure that the Internet speed meets the minimum recommended specification of 2.5Mb for standard definition (SD) content and 10Mb for High Definition (HD) content. Ensure the Unit has the latest firmware update. Try power cycling all units involved such as modem, router and TV by unplugging the AC cord from the outlet for a few minutes. If issue persists after the above steps, the unit may require service. Please follow the link for Repair or Product Support: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/contac ... KDL46HX800

NOTE: To test the speed of the Internet connection, the LAN connection should be disconnected from the back of the BIV device and connected to a computer. For assistance or questions regarding the tools required to test the speed of an Internet connection on a computer, contact the computer manufacturer or Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Please use plain text.