Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 9 (124,790 Views)

how to reset tv back to factory/default settings

How do I reset my Sony television back to the factory/default settings. (KDL-46HX850)

Expert
Message 2 of 9 (124,728 Views)

Re: how to reset tv back to factory/default settings

Follow the below steps to factory reset the TV.

• Turn on the TV.
  • Wait approximately 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.
  • On the TV remote control, press and hold the UP ARROW button.
  • While holding the UP ARROW button, press and release the POWER button on the TV set.The TV may turn off and then back on.
  • Release the UP ARROW button.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Rookie
Message 3 of 9 (57,105 Views)

Tryed this and this time it didn't work...but did unplug the TV elect cord from outlet and waited 30 seconds and plunged back in and the Sony TV reset itself.

Believe the problem lies in the xfinity new cable box that has a blue light on the front .

This Is the second time this has happened within two weeks...so it pays too remember this process.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 9 (22,712 Views)

I need some help figuring out what's wrong with my Sony bravia I have att uverse and when I stream Netflix on it its constantly freezing I can watch it for about 10 minutes and it just freezes I have a TCL roku in my living room and don't have a problem one I am starting do be very displeased with Sony at the time I bought this TV I believe I payed about 400$ now its becoming nothing more than a paper weight
Message 5 of 9 (21,778 Views)

Hi 405_king,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened. We recommend following the troubleshooting steps below to fix the issue you have when streaming Netflix application: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55501 and https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52909.

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 6 of 9 (10,769 Views)

Mine does the same thing and I'm starting to regret waisting all that money on something that stops working so quickly
Message 7 of 9 (8,351 Views)

Hi Sakura8494,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

We're sorry to hear about this. Can you please tell us more about this issue? Also, please include the exact model of your TV so we can assist you better.

Regards.

^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 9 (5,603 Views)

I'm absolutely sick of Sony products!!!!! Tv keeps re-booting, has done for months! I have reset it multiple times and eventually it will start doing it again. Your broadcast cameras are okay, your consumer products are absolute ******, wish I had never bought this TV, Sony Bravia 4K KD-55X8500D. Before I trash this TV and purchase LG, why is this happening????? Other blogs show me that many people have the same problem???

Message 9 of 9 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Blewie

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We're sorry to hear about what happened and we apologize for the inconvenience. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
~Ralph

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook