Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - General

Tuning Up
amitavasil

i have bought a tp-link TL-WDN3200 wireless dual band usb adapter for my new Bravia

Oh dear! I just got my KDL-42W650A installed day before yesterday and wanted to go for the wireless internet in no time. I was already having the TP-Link dual band wireless router TL-WDR3600 and immediately ordered online a matching TP-Link N600 wireless dual band usb adapter TL-WDN3200. Connected that to the usb port and Alas...I found that Sony has played a game here...The adapter should only be one that is Bravia compatible.

May I ask Sony why did u do this..just to have some more business selling wlan dongle?

The more proprietary and monopolistic you be the less loved a company you be...

My investment of Rs.1000 has gone waste today for this adapter that will now lie idle with me

Why the customer is forced to buy a Rs.3000 worth adapter when he can really manage with a Rs.1000 one in a free world

Please use plain text.
KishanM5

Re: i have bought a tp-link TL-WDN3200 wireless dual band usb adapter for my new Bravia

[ Edited ]

Hello,

USB Wifi adapters requires device drivers to be loaded just like on a PC, We cannot pre-install every driver into the television because there are thousands on the market. Instead you may use the Sony Bravia Wifi adapter or any Ethernet Bridge / Gaming Adapter for which you may purchae any brand. 

Please use plain text.