Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8 (1,677 Views)

kdl-50w800c system software cannot be updated using this usb device. please remove usb device and press [ok] to exit.

Hi

What usb device supported by sony tv that this error goes away and upgrade be done ?!

"system software cannot be updated using this usb device. please remove usb device and press [ok] to exit."

Pic

evey usb device that i tested this error happened and this error comes up !

I tested some usb devices that i can play video from them and formated with every format that i know ! (fat32, fat16, ntfs, exfat, ...)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 8 (1,593 Views)

Re: kdl-50w800c system software cannot be updated using this usb device. please remove usb device and press [ok] to exit.

Any idead??

I reseted to factory settings and error still exist.

Message 3 of 8 (1,506 Views)

Re: kdl-50w800c system software cannot be updated using this usb device. please remove usb device and press [ok] to exit.

Hi alirezaimi,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Could you provide the link where you download the Software update file from?

At the same time, please also provide the current Software version of your TV by pressing the Help button on your remote control and check the version number which starts with PKG3.******.

Thanks!

Regards

Jas

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8 (1,391 Views)

Hi, thanks for reply :

current : pkG3.533.0108paa

link : https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=KDL50W800C&upd_id=11300&os_group_id=18

Message 5 of 8 (1,381 Views)

Hi alirezaimi

It appears that the Software that you have downloaded is only for model purchased in US.

As your TV is purchased in Asia Pacific region, you may download the correct Software from this link instead.

Hope this works for you!

Best Regards,

Jas

Rookie
Message 6 of 8 (639 Views)

Hello
I hav ethe same problem with the same model .

your update link for Asian model does not exist, can you send me again update link
Thanks

Message 7 of 8 (637 Views)

Hi vahid-kh

You can try to go to this link. Thanks!

Regards

Ann

Rookie
Message 8 of 8 (519 Views)

Thanks very much . it's working

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook