Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (309 Views)

"TV Control Setup for Amazon Alexa" app unavailable in Canada?

Canadian Sony customer here! Just purchased an XBR 49" X900E. Loving everything so far, but was very disappointed to see that the "TV Control Setup for Amazon Alexa" appears to be unavailable in Canada. My TV is updated to the latest firmware, yet the app doesn't appear on my home screen as indicated in the Alexa setup instructions. There appears to be no way to search for it. Was really looking forward to getting the Alexa integration setup...

Any ETA on this? Or am I missing something simple?

Rookie
Message 2 of 4 (240 Views)

Re: "TV Control Setup for Amazon Alexa" app unavailable in Canada?

Same here. Bought an xbr65900e and the support says Amazon Alexa is supported - but the app isn't available on the TV, neither available for download. So it's probably another case where the support is misleading - why isn't the documentation clear that the feature is not available in Canada?
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (161 Views)

Bump. Any updates from Sony on an ETA for this Alexa control functionality (as advertised on the Canadian Sony website) up here in Canada?

Rookie
Message 4 of 4 (129 Views)

I am also really disappointed in this. Both Amazon and Sony are dropping the ball as this works with Google.

What takes it over the top is that it works in the US.

Sony: please give us some input here!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook