Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 16 (3,540 Views)

Re: 55 in Sony TV turns off and on by itself

My Sony Bravio TV alsi turns itself off or the screen turns black every few minutes now. The TV is basically useless after 3 years of use. I was hoping the Sony TV can last a lot longer. My model is KDL-52V5100.
I have tried the factory reset and new battery for the remote. So I am pretty sure the problem is thr TV itself.
Message 12 of 16 (3,509 Views)

Hi Sony-user-usa

Welcome to Sony Community! 

We're sorry to hear your issue. Most likely, this is already hardware issue. We suggest visiting Sony Authorized Service Center nearest to your place for further assistance. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 13 of 16 (962 Views)

I have a complete horror story with Sony
My 55 inch periodically turned off which was the second issue I had but that's another story.
Both issues were under warranty so I thought this would be a easy replacement. NOT ON YOUR LIFE!! Sony made it very painful to get this issue looked at. First I spent a Saturday on 3 occasions on the phone with tech support to fix things. The random turning off never got fixed. After getting very angry with Sonys customer service People they finally sent a service guy out to fix the random turning off. He came out after 2 weeks and replaced the mother board. This caused the TV to not work at all!! What the ******!! He called Sony and they said to leave the new mother board in the TV as they were finally going to replace the TV but said they would only give me a recertified TV and not a new one. I was furious!! I bought a brand new TV and had issues while it was under warranty and Sony wants to replace it with a used TV? No I said. They were complete jerks and said you will get a used TV.
The other horrible thing Sony did was force the service guy to leave the bad mother board in my TV. So I went from a TV that worked but turned off periodically to one that did not work at all. What the ******!!! Furious I once again called Sony and they wanted to send me yet another used TV. By this time I was cussing. I said ****** no!
After I escalated it they finally agreed to give me a brand new model as my model ws not manufactured any more. My was. 55 inch 3D. They replaced it with a non 3D tv. Again NOT right!
So I was without a TV for about 3 weeks. As I am sitting here writing this my new TV just switched off. Sony I HATE YOU!! I will never buy ANY Sony products for the rest of my life. And my 2 boys will never buy your products.
We will go back to Samsung!
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 14 of 16 (861 Views)

My Sony TV, KLV-32BX350 only comes on for a few seconds a...

My Sony TV, KLV-32BX350 only comes on for a few seconds after which it goes off, until I unplug the wire from the wall socket for at least 30 minutes, when I plug it back it comes on for another few seconds again and goes off, just like that.. What could be wrong? I have done factory reset and it's still like that.
IMG_20170520_004115.jpg
Rookie
Message 15 of 16 (862 Views)

My Sony TV, KLV-32BX350 only comes on for a few seconds after which it goes off, until I unplug the wire from the wall socket for at least 30 minutes, when I plug it back it comes on for another few seconds again and goes off, just like that.. What could be wrong? I have done factory reset and it's still like that.
Message 16 of 16 (837 Views)

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
~Ralph

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook