Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (214 Views)

75X850D - Weird sound problem

Just purchased a 75X850D yesterday, and I have a very strange problem with sound from my Home Theater receiver now. I have an XBOX One and a PS3 hooked up to my Onkyo TX-NR609 via HDMI, and my receiver hooked via HDMI to the 850D via the ARC input. For some reason some of the streaming apps on my XBOX and PS3 (noteably Hulu, WWE Network and The CW app) are only coming through with audio from 2 channels from my receiver. Netflix on the PS3 comes through in full surround, apps on the TV itself going back through ARC come through in full surround, and video games on the XBOX come through in full surround.

Prior to yesterday, the exact same setup was used for my prior TV, a 55" LG 1080P, and the audio from all streaming apps on my devices came through in full surround. Literally the only thing that changed is I unhooked the 55" LG from the Onkyo, and plugged the 850D in it's place. I have to imagine that the TV is somehow talking to the receiver and causing the issue, but can't figure out what it is or how to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas??

Message 2 of 4 (181 Views)

Re: 75X850D - Weird sound problem

Hi Gr8One1998,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. This solution is designed to assist when the ARC feature is not working and both the TV and audio system are compatible with the ARC feature.

To fix this issue, check the following suggestions:

• The TV or the audio system must have the latest software installed. Software and driver updates for your Sony product are available online.
  • Make sure the Control for HDMI option of both products is set to On in the menu systems.

NOTES:

• If model-specific information is needed to turn on the Control for HDMI option or determine if your product supports ARC, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals, Specifications and Warranty information for your Sony product is available online.
    • Make sure that a high-speed HDMI® cable is being used and that it is securely connected to the HDMI ports labeled ARC on both products.
    • If only one of the products supports ARC, it is necessary to connect the products as shown in the diagram below to send sound from the TV to the audio system.

• Some TVs with multiple HDMI inputs will only support the ARC feature on one input port. In this case, the input port will be marked with the letters ARC.
  • Perform a power reset on the TV and audio system, as follows:
    1. Turn off the TV and the audio system.
    2. Disconnect the power and HDMI cords from both the TV and audio system for a minute.
    3. Reconnect the HDMI cord to the ARC HDMI input of the TV and ARC HDMI out of the audio system. Depending on the model of the audio system used, some A/V receivers have Out A and Out B, make sure to connect the HDMI cord to the HDMI ARC out of the audio system that is labeled ARC.
  • For Android™ TVs, Clear Data or Cache can be performed from the External Input Services Application.
    1. Press the HOME button on the remote.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Under the TV category, select Apps.
    4. Select System apps.
    5. Select External Input Services.
    6. Select Clear data and choose OK.
    7. Select Clear cache and choose OK.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (106 Views)

Hi

I have a similar problem with my surround sound not coming from my rear speakers in non 5.1 mode. I have noticed by changing my HDMI leads over from a device I know works I was able to find that the HDMI on the side of my TV was at fault. Possible remedy try putting your device into another HDMI lead.

Hope it this helps

Message 4 of 4 (90 Views)

Hi Dahutch,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook