Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 88 (49,091 Views)
Accepted Solution

Air bubbles in LCD Screen _ sony bravia ex330

Hi, I have been noticing numerous air bubble like blister that has formed on the LCD panel of my Sony Bravia EX330 32-inch TV. The TV is about 3 years old and these bubble like things started appearing a few days back. The picture on this part of screen appears hazy and cloudy, especially the darker part of the picture brings out the cloudiness more, and it covers about the upper one-third of the screen. I would really like to know what this problem is and how it can be rectified. Thanks in advance
Professional
Message 2 of 88 (48,016 Views)

Re: Air bubbles in LCD Screen _ sony bravia ex330

Where is the TV located? Hot/cold in the sunlight? was anything wierd used to clean it.. Shoot an email off to sony support usa at sonylistens@am.sony.com with your model number, serial number and contact info and they might be able to direct you more.
George
Posted from Facebook
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 88 (47,958 Views)

No the TV is not in direct or indirect contact with heat/cold, and there is no chance for drastic variations in temperature in the room where the TV is set up and has adequate ventilation.  My geographic location is southern most part of India, in Kerala, so I do not think e-mailing sony at US can help.  Anyway thanks for you input.  Smiley Happy

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 88 (47,885 Views)

You are not alone with this problem.

I too have the same model TV and facing the same problem. Initially this was only in one corner and now it has spreaded across the screen. Its fully coudy now and nit viewable. I am also from Kerala.

I have strongly reported to Sony Corporation and they did not bother to help me out. The carelessly told me that its because of the het from the TV itself and nothing can be done. They have not bothered to offer me a solution. THe excuse they have told me was: Warranty Expired. So cheap of Sony in aftermarket Complaint addresasl. I never expected this from Sony Corp. We are paying more than the normal price for Sony Products when compared to competitors products which goes vein.

The service person from Thrissur visited my TV and he said that he will come on the next day with a camera to take the pics and send it to the research team but he did not turn back. Also, he stopped picking my call. So cheap of Sony corp.

I will be writing my bad experience with Sony in all the consumer forums.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 88 (47,846 Views)

Hi oasisjoe

Any luck with writing to sony customer care or any feedback from the service guy??  I have been searching for a solution for this problem and found out that these air bubbles can only be rectified by replacing the panel, the problem TV in that case was a Sharp, but this should be a solution for all LCD TV brands including Sony  (chk out this link http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/6yxam-looks-air-bubble-screen-looked.html ).  Since our warranty period is over, getting a panel replaced would cost a heck lot of money out of pocket. Smiley Frustrated

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 88 (47,841 Views)

I have contacted the sony support several times with no luck. Sent detailed email to the above email address. They collected all my details and informed me that they are located in the US hence cant help us. However requested him to forward this complaint to the service head and the social media head in India so that they can take appropriate actions. For this he did not respond. Overall the sony after market complaint surviliance team or the process stinks. My area sony service team contacted me and quited 13k for reparing the lcd screen which is more than the price of this tv. So dicided to dump sony for ever.
Professional
Message 7 of 88 (47,831 Views)

[ Edited ]

Greetings and thank you for your post. We kindly recommend visiting https://www.sony.co.in/section/contactus to contact the Sony Support Center in India.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 88 (47,824 Views)

Scott, I know that you cant do any ****** on this. Never expected also. Plz dont bump in since you dont have a scope here. In no support outside the us then sell your piece of junk only in the us only and make this support forum accessable for you dumpos. You only know how to get cheap quality stuff from china and wrap it in us us cloth and fool the nations. Thats why we all are discarding ur products. Shame on your business logic.

People... Its not worth wasting time here. Lets go back to work.
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 88 (47,792 Views)

Hi oasisjoe... eventhough i knew i was wastin my time, just out of  curiosity,  i was trying to access the link (https://www.sony.co.in/section/contactus) scott gave in his post ... i had 100% belief tht nothng is going to happen favorin d customer idiots who believed in sony's brand quality, making us realise all was a hype... and this is d msg i keep getin for the past 3 days... 

We are currently down for maintenance.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will be back online shortly.

No surprise.. all expected Smiley Tongue.  KUDOS TO SONY INDIA FOR AFTER SALES CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Scott,  I wonder, is this the same situation in the US also?? I dont thnk so... Smiley Embarassed

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 88 (47,782 Views)

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook