Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 31 of 88 (3,134 Views)

Re: Air bubbles in LCD Screen _ sony bravia ex330

[ Edited ]

Usually a faulty or damagd panel it coulden't  hurt to contact Sony support and see if they can help.

There have been some instances where they replaced  panels or entire sets with panel faults out of 

warranty on a particular model now and then or in some cases offered discounts on new sets .

Alternatley you can google your  sets model number for known panel issues and also search at AVS forums .

Message 32 of 88 (3,124 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi doel! 

We're very sorry to hear about what is happening with your TV. For further assistance regarding your concern, please click here to contact the Sony Support Center in your region. They are better equipped to respond to your questions or concerns. 
Enthusiast
Message 33 of 88 (3,114 Views)

Have reported this to sony support India and was frustrating. The lady called from sony support India was very unprofessional. She scolded me very badly when I changed my tone for not getting support for my out of warranty tv. Sony finally did nothing. I am now posting my bad experience in the public forums to create awareness as sony does not care about their customers once the sale is done.
Expert
Message 34 of 88 (3,103 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thats not  good! Try calling again you might get better results with a different CSR. if not  ask for a supervisor and try to elevate your complaint which IMO is legitamite as long you are certain as the panel wasn't damaged in use .

Keep calling and calmly let them know you are are posting your situation resolution on the web good or bad !

Calmly let them know you are aware of others with faulty panels and expect fair a resolution .

Call them 10 times if you have to !

The key is to stay calm and try get the CSR on your side and try to elevate your complaint to someone who may have more authority to resolve your issue . CSR's are typically limited as to what they can do. 

be persistant and stay calm .

The persistantly sqeuaky wheel always get's greased first!

Enthusiast
Message 35 of 88 (3,080 Views)

I have raised more than 1 ticket and also sent emails with no luck.
Enthusiast
Message 36 of 88 (2,906 Views)

I bought a Sony LCD TV (Model Number KLV32BX300IN5) (Sr No 2422664) where the warranty was valid till 20th Nov 2011. Now I see air bubbles all over the LCD!! The TV is kept in no-direct-sunlight area and maintained well.

I am shocked that Sony TV are of this quality! I called the helpline and they said they cant do much other than sending a service person which will cost 800. They cant even tell me what the part cost will be. This is ridiculous! 

Samsung / LG TVs are cheaper than Sony and I paid a premium for Sony. Very disappointing.

Dev Saha

98367 66288

Kolkata

Expert
Message 37 of 88 (2,886 Views)

Hi Dev ! We understand your concern and apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist customers outside of the US. We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Thx Gobbel.

Enthusiast
Message 38 of 88 (2,849 Views)

Re: Air bubbles/ white patches in LCD Screen _ sony bravia ex300

I stumbled on to this community site while searching online the reason for the white patches on my display panel which is described by the Sony represenrative as wrinkle of polarization sheet. I could understand that for the problem in this series of KLV32EX300, I was not alone and there are so many similar complaints.

My TV KLV 32EX300 IN5 18187400.  n o. 2614904 under Job noJ41640278 dated 26-07-2014 has been advised replacement of display panel costing Rs.9333 + Rs.200 for home service and Rs.600 for labor charges and applicable tax comes to Rs. 11399.00. which is very high and not worth spending on an obsolete TV model.

This is not the first Sony TV for me, I had previously used Sony Trinitron TV which was bought by me & used for more than 20 years and discarded still in working condition to be replaced by this LCD TV which has become defective in 3+years is highly surprising. The defect which is obviously due to manufacturing or inferior quality should be attended by sony free of cost or at reduced cost. Making customer to pay will dent on the customers faith on your brand.

Expert
Message 39 of 88 (2,814 Views)

Hi Sam, for further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region Here. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.~Thanks Calvin.

Rookie
Message 40 of 88 (2,769 Views)

Hi all. I also noticed the same - air bubbles on screen - problem recently on my Bravia KDL32EX301. I bought this about 3 years ago from a local membership-type warehouse shopping store called PriceSmart in Trinidad. When I contacted them however, I was told that they "did not purchase directly fro SONY, but use a US-based Purchasing company" to whom they will refer the problem.

In checking on this forum howver, I realize that this is by no means an isolated problem and seems to affect units in tropical countries. There is no SONY Support in Trinidad, but these items originated in the US so hopefully you guys can help??

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook