Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 41 of 88 (6,750 Views)

Re: Air bubbles in LCD Screen _ sony bravia ex330

[ Edited ]
The sony technician visited my home stated that I have to spend close to 12K to repair the screen that too without any warranty. He also mentioned that this problem may happen again. So I gave up. Sony should idely fix it for free of cost since this is a manufacture defect. As of now the TV is a showpiece in my garage to create brand awareness to the public. Sorry cant help it. After sales support.
Enthusiast
Message 42 of 88 (6,742 Views)

Re: Air bubbles in LCD Screen _ sony bravia ex330 - Reply from SONY INDIA

Subject: Service of Sony BRAVIA Model: KLV-32EX300 IN5  bearing serial no : 2614904.

Dear Mr. Sam Sebastian,

Greetings from Sony India.       

Thank you for patronizing Sony products.

This refers to your E-mail sent to our Service management in regard to the Service of BRAVIA Model: KLV-32EX300 IN5  bearing serial no : 2614904.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience felt by you.

We had received your service request at our Authorized Service Centre – M/s.
Aar Vee Infoservices dated on 26th July 2014 vides Job: J41640278. Upon inspection by our Engineer, we find the Display Panel is needed to be replaced for the satisfactory working. 

Sony products are designed to have adequate ruggedness and undergo very stringent quality control while being manufactured. However, natural failure may happen in a product in course of time and this is the reason why we offer 1 year of free service to our customers. Beyond this the service becomes chargeable.

The repair estimate for Display Panel has already communicated to you by our service executive.

We request you to approve the estimate so that we can carry out with the necessary services in your set.

We regret that we are unable to comply with your request to service your product free of cost.

We solicit your kind understanding in this regard

Thanking you and assuring you best of our service support always.

Warm Regards,

Sony India Pvt Limited

Enthusiast
Message 43 of 88 (6,741 Views)

Re: Air bubbles in LCD Screen _ sony bravia ex300 - Reply from SONY INDIA

I had been given an estimate of approx Rs. 11000/- for replacement of the LCD Panel which is half the cost of present models from Sony. The LCD is an obsolete technology and 4 years from the date of purchase, again investing half of the price in the obsolete model is not value for money. I didnt ask for free service but for reduced cost, as I am aware and accept that I have used the product for 4 years. The failure of my TV is not due to any electronics or component failure. The white patces on my LCD screen is due to the polarisation sheet getting wrinkled and the lamination giving away, which is clearly a manufacturing defect. I had expected a better response from Sony India. It has dented my confidence on Sony brand name, quality and service.

Deeply disgusted

Sam Sebastian

Rookie
Message 44 of 88 (6,665 Views)

Re: Air bubbles in LCD Screen _ sony bravia ex330 - Reply from SONY INDIA

Its not rare its now a regular problem in SONY TV and for most its not "Natural" problem its manufaturing defects.Min Sony bravia 32 inch Ex300 has same problem. Howcome son many people is facing the same problem? Why you are still cheating the customer. You have sold faulty products in India. Your service engineer never vistsme in Guwahati they asked me to bring TV at their service centre. Is this called customer service? Even he said this problem is very common and you need to replace the pannel. They have given me a budget of 20000/- for changing the LCD pannel. Is it some kind of joke??? Is this called quality product wher you LCD/LED Tvs are damaging withi 3-4 years which are supposed to have longer life time.

Enthusiast
Message 45 of 88 (6,637 Views)

Re: Air bubbles in LCD Screen _ sony bravia ex300 - Reply from SONY INDIA

To
Sony India

31 Aug

Kindly provide me the postal address and email id's of Officials of Sony India and its Board of Directors for serving legal notice. and the jurisdictional area where the consumer court can be approached.
The matter being addressed is of manufacturing defect/ inferior product quality and suitable redressal.
I want to prevent Sony representing to media and public in general in the name of superior quality of its Brand, which it is not.

LET THE LAW OF THE LAND PREVAIL.

Best regards,
Sam Sebastian.

I have not recieved any reply from SONY INDIA, can anybody help in obtaining my answer.

Rookie
Message 46 of 88 (6,615 Views)

I am also having the same problem of air bubbles appearing all over my Sony Bravia EX 300 model. It was purchased around 3 years back and now the problem has started. I had a lot of trust in Sony as a brand and all that trust has now dissappeared since it looks like a manufacturing defect that Sony is not ready to accept.

It would make sense to have Sony replace the part of the panel and only charge for the service it is offerring.

If anyone has been provided any solution to the problem please update on this group.

-Amit

Rookie
Message 47 of 88 (6,571 Views)

I am in Trinidad and purchase my 32" Sony LCD Bravia from Courts Megastore in San Juan Trinidad and they refuse to assist me with my report i made and this air bubble popped up just one month after its warranty expired and another customer said the same thing happened as well soon after the warranty was up. This is strange.
dgs Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 48 of 88 (6,555 Views)

I have exactly the same problem with my KDL 32EX301 that I purchased from Price Smart in Aruba.  The set was manufactured in Sep 2010 and purchased on 26 Jul 2011.  The top edge of the screen started to crackle like an antique wood finish.  It has spread about 6 inches down the screen.  I am now seeing bubbles in the upper left corner.  The set has never been in direct sunlight.  The room temperature can get to 84-85 degrees F, but never when the set is operating.  I thought it might be from the heat and/or humidity, but these are not extreme conditions and should not lead to this kind of failure.  From reading this thread, it appears that this is a widespread manufacturing defect for the 32 inch screen.  Sony should replace the screen free of charge or provide us with a credit to use on a replacement TV.

My next step is to contact Sony Customer Service to seek a resolution.

dgs Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 49 of 88 (6,408 Views)

I made several attempts to contact Customer Service via email. I got an acknowledgement that they would reply within 24 hours, but they took weeks instead.  I waited almost a month for a reply to my emails and got the big run-around from Sony.  After spending almost an hour on the phone from Aruba, U.S. Customer Service was willing to give me a 15% discount on a TV purchased at Sony.com for delivery in the US.  That doesn't help me get a replacement TV in ARUBA!!!  Other than that, they can't help because the set was purchased in Aruba.  Never mind that the packaging is for US and Canadian markets.  So they referred me to International Sales, who told me to log into the website.  The website doesn't even cover Aruba.  So now they are telling me to contact Price Smart to see who handles Sony service and repair work in Aruba.  Brilliant!!  Sony doesn't even know who handles their own TV warranty and repair work!  I've wasted way too much time trying to figure this out and I'm getting nowhere.  I know it isn't cost effective to repair the screen.  I think a TV should last longer than 2 1/2 years, regardless of warranty.  Since Sony doesn't seem to be willing to stand behind their product, I think I'll be buying a Samsung or LG for the TV to replace this piece of junk!

Enthusiast
Message 50 of 88 (6,341 Views)

We do specialize in repairs of Sony Bravia LCD TV Display Screen.

1) Air Bubbles on Display Screen

2) Damaged Outer/Inner Layer of Display Screen

3) Defocus or foggy Display Screen

4) Negative or abnormal pictures on Display screen

5) Our highly professionally trained personnel and state of the art equipment result in a high quality repair job our customers can rely on.

6) The best and most economical charges for repair and we offer the best warranty possible on all repairs.

No matter where you are, we are just a call away

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook