Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 61 of 85 (3,339 Views)

Re: Air bubbles in LCD Screen _ sony bravia ex330

I have this exact problem too... mine are bubbles or "welts" on the screen that run across as lines of physical deformity.  They've taken over about 90% of my screen and viewing the screen right now is absolutely terrible.  This is happening on a KDL32BX300 that I bought at the furniture and applicance store, Courts here in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.  Like all of you, it started happening after 3 years JUST outside of the extended warranty period that I paid for, and like you guys in Trinidad, Courts was NO help whatsoever.  All I got was a "outside of warranty period" excuse, when everyone knew fully well that this problem was happening with TVs from this batch

It's funny that I've only now bounced up on this thread because I've been searching for any info ont his since the problems started in early 2014, hence my extremely late reply to this thread.  It's really upsetting that I more or less received no justice on this item as my family and I have been loyal Sony customers for over 20 years.  From the Trinitron right to the Bravia and Sony stereos as well as PS3 and PS4.  So it's safe to say htat I feel a bit shafted by a brand that I've been so loyal to.

If anyone from Sony is reading this I would REALLY love some kind of help.  Especially considering that this is a KNOWN issue that seems to be happening with the 32BX and 32EX as can be clearly seen by the posts on this forum and also complaints from other customers locally that bought their TVs around the same time as I but did not bother to go as far as this medium.

I honestly feel like I've been ripped off with an inferior product.

Rookie
Message 62 of 85 (3,296 Views)

Re: Air bubbles in LCD Screen _ sony bravia ex300 - Reply from SONY INDIA

Hi Sam,

I agree with you. I have the same issue with my Sony KLV-32EX300 LCD TV. Mine however, has served me for more than 5 years. But then, I don't watch TV that much. But similar to yours, mine had the same wrinkling issue as if the LCD (Liquid part) have leaked out of the screen/panel. And like yours, it gradually happened, albeit in a matter of a few days. At present, it cannot be used anymore.

I swore to avoid Sony products since this problem, and now opted for an LED Smart TV from TCL as replacement.

Best regards,

Vic

ddm Rookie
Rookie
Message 63 of 85 (3,226 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am one more 'disheartened' Sony customer having similar issue with the same Bravia model! Unfortunately, we missed warranty by 3 months. 

TV Model: KLV-32EX300 Bravia 

I have purchased TV on May 2010 and I have found "wrinkles" on TV screen in the month of Aug 2015. I have reached out to Authorized dealer and service engineer have made visit, looked at this issue and taken photographs. He has given "Verbal" estimates for replacement of new screen. 

Looking at number of complaints of same nature for the same model, Sony Corp should taken Moral responsibility and should assist user for resolution of this issue without additional cost from user's pocket. 

I have raised complaint to Sony India and awaiting for their reply. 

Enthusiast
Message 64 of 85 (3,201 Views)

Hi, any status on your plan to remove the protective screen of your TV?

Rookie
Message 65 of 85 (2,951 Views)

i have the same problem, just came up on my 4 year old bx300, its not a big deal actually, only cost usd30 to fix. the problem is that the polarizing layer on the lcd srinked or maybe punctured, causing leaked air bubbles. this is caused mainly by bad lamination on sony behalf. this is only my diagnoses through search from the internet that suggest it is not a broken panel but merely just a bad lamination, replacing a broken panel would cost just the same as buying a used tv, so it doesn't make sense.
Posted from Facebook
Enthusiast
Message 66 of 85 (2,941 Views)

30 USD? What was the fix? where and how was this done. I still have my BX300 sitting on the floor I'd love to fix it if I can.
Message 67 of 85 (2,906 Views)

Hi DhionToradan

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

We're sorry for what happened to your Sony TV. But since this is already hardware concern, we cannot provide any troubleshooting anymore. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Message 68 of 85 (2,902 Views)

Hi LeMonte911

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

Based on your post, this is also a hardware issue. For best assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 69 of 85 (2,815 Views)

I also have same problem in my 32 inch KLV-32S550A model. I am based in Bangladesh. Could any body help me how can I fix the problem. I don't know any seller who sells polarized films.
Posted from Facebook
Enthusiast
Message 70 of 85 (2,713 Views)

Hi, Im very interested in the post about replacing the polarized screen which have crinkled or due to poor lamination. Can anybody point out if it was actually done and solved the problem?

Can it be done the "do-it your self"way?

Please share your experience.

Thank you.

From Philippines.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook