Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 26 (101,495 Views)
Accepted Solution

Bose Solo system stopped working.

I purchased a Sony KDL-55W900A 55-Inch 240Hz 1080p 3D Internet LED HDTV and I hooked up a Bose Solo System and it stopped working after 2 weeks. The same thing happened wiht a Bose Solo sytem I purchased last month. Is this sytem incomapatable with the SOny TV.

Professional
Message 2 of 26 (101,488 Views)

Re: Bose Solo system stopped working.

How did the Bose stop working? for the TV or totally? did it still have power.. This might be a question for their tech support, I personally haven't heard of this issue bit I don't hear about everything either. @superuserbysony
George
Posted from Facebook
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 26 (101,485 Views)

The power on the Bose indicated that it was working but the sound suddenly did not come out of the sytem. It was as if the TV was not sending out a signal through the optical cable. We then switched from the optical cable to another type of cable and the system did not work. We called tech support form the comapny we bought it from and they had us wire the Bose to the Verizon DVR to see if it would work and it would not. This is the second Bose system within a month and both stopped working all of a sdden after about 1-2 weeks.I do not know if it is the Bose or a problem with my new TV (purchased in January 2014).

Professional
Message 4 of 26 (101,479 Views)

I would think they system would not be affected by the TV, I'm not saying something strange might not be happening on an intermittent basis (maybe something is shorting out or a bad cable). What does the Bose people think? If it is optical though, all that it does is send out Light to the receiver so there is not direct electrical contact between the two. how is the power in your area? good surge protector? Brownouts? etc? maybe a bad batch for Bose?
George
Posted from Facebook
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 26 (101,443 Views)

I contacted Bose technical support and they had me unplug the unit for 5 minutes and then plug it bck in. They said it resets the system. So far that solution worked.

Rookie
Message 6 of 26 (101,204 Views)

June 4, 2014 our BOSE solo TV sound system quit working suddenly.  I read the other comments on this forum and found that the advice to disconnect the unit from power for 5 minutes actually worked!  We are pleased as we can be.  Our unit is not even one year old yet.  So if your BOSE suddenly quits, try unplugging it for 5 minutes so it will reset itself.

Rookie
Message 7 of 26 (100,141 Views)

That solution worked for me as well and I have a Sony KDL-46EX 500 bought in 2009. Bose Solo system worked well for over a year and suddenly no sound. I went to Future Shop to buy a new optical cable from Monster and still no sound. So the problem is not from Sony but from Bose. Thanks a lot for posting that great solution since I was kind of mad thinking that my Bose Solo was broken.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 26 (99,595 Views)

This was fabulous easy fix.  Darn thing quit last night during a show  and couldn't figure out anything to get it to work.  Sure couldn't afford a new one and wasn't looking forward to a long tech call.  Unplugged for 5 minutes and voila!  Thanks so much.

Rookie
Message 9 of 26 (95,649 Views)

I purchased a Solo system when I got my Sony TV worked for 6 months then quit working took it back to the Bose store they gave me a new one. the new one lasted for 9 months then quit, tried doing the unpluging itfor 5 mins  and it worked.

Thanks

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 26 (66,864 Views)

[ Edited ]

Have had mine for 2 yrs now it wont reset itself by being unpluged, in the course of the 2 yrs I have probably reset it about 8 times. At first it started to shutdown when I paused it, after realizing not to do that "Pausing" it started not coming on after shut down -hense unplug reset worked for awhile till now and there is nothing happening AT ALL.

Design is awful no manual switch for OFF-ON but throught the remote and I have two of those with new batteries, now these are the 4" remotes that just have Power, +, -, Pause.

Would do any thing just to see little green power light again, just have a $450 paper weight, I have had other Bose products and haven't had any problems with them. I have always bragged on how fine Bose products are but not so much anymore.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook