Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 26 (10,400 Views)

Re: Bose Solo system stopped working.

Thank you verry much,unplug the unit for 5 minutes,and work perfect !
Rookie
Message 12 of 26 (10,398 Views)

I have bose solo 15 s2 Thank you verry much,unplug the unit for 5 minutes,and work perfect !
Rookie
Message 13 of 26 (10,022 Views)

Beware....that unplug and wait 5 minutes only works a couple times, after that-buy new cords and pray that fixes the problem, so far for me....I too have a$450 paperweight.

Rookie
Message 14 of 26 (9,803 Views)

Thanks everyone. The 5minute solution resolved the issue.
Rookie
Message 15 of 26 (9,107 Views)

Ditto, same thing happened to my Bose Solo after a couple of years.  Had regular outages, for the past year, reset often.  Now just have a dead box.  Terrible quality.

Rookie
Message 16 of 26 (8,587 Views)

Every one has the reboot fix. That only lasts for so long. So how do we get it fixed without spending a lot of money. anyone out there get a tech to change out some off/on switching?

Bob

pnp Rookie
Rookie
Message 17 of 26 (8,458 Views)

Thank so much for posting this fix - the Bose manual didn't mention this fix. - thanks again - Man Happy

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 26 (7,580 Views)

I unplugged my Bose Solo just as was suggested, waited approximately 5 minutes and it worked.  I HAVE SOUND!!!

Thank You!

Rookie
Message 19 of 26 (6,975 Views)

I purchased the Bose Sole 3 1/2 years ago. My unit had the same symptom's. The first time the unit was about a year old. I unplugged it to reset.finally a month ago it would no longer reset. I took it back to Best Buy chared $35 to check it out. Returned with a $ 398.00 repair fee. I have had many Bose Items over the past 40 years this has been disapointing. So now I ask myself whats next?  Not sure if it will be a Bose.

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 26 (1,328 Views)

I have also been having this problem with my Bose solo. Considering the age and what the routine tech support jazz is I decided to take it upon myself and tear into it and so far so good, before I go on I wanna mention I have done the resets various times to no avail. Flip the unit over you will have 6 Phillips screws to remove center plastic plate. Once done you will see the circuit board and holding that is the two white plastic clips for the speakers remove them then there is a ribbon cable in the middle, gentle pull it out. Then there are 5 or 6 torque screws holding the board on either a t15 or t20 bit(sorry can't remember). Then lift the board out and flip it over just take a look and see if there isn't corrosion on the board if yes take rubbing alcohol and clean gently. That's just to clean that part you will see there is a metal bracket that is on both sides take the 4 torque screws out and look to where it mounts. If it's corroaded on the strips take 600grit sand paper and just shine em up on both sides also the metal bracket just a bit, reassemble and try it out. Everything seems to tell ya a bad connection well this may be it's way of fixing it or it may be other bad components like the large capacitor not keeping up but just a suggestion to try. I did been good since no resets either. Good luck!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook