Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (13,385 Views)

Bravia 52KDLXBR4 shows an all white screen with the picture underneath, almost looks like a negative

Message 2 of 4 (13,375 Views)

Re: Bravia 52KDLXBR4 shows an all white screen with the picture underneath, almost looks like a negative

Hello marc65, greetings and thank you for your post.

In regards to the issue you are experiencing with your Sony TV model number KDL-52XBR4, please follow the steps below:

• Turn on the TV.
  • Wait approximately 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.
  • On the TV remote control, press and hold the UP ARROW button.
  • While holding the UP ARROW button, press and release the POWER button on the TV set.
  • Release the UP ARROW button.

IMPORTANT: If the issue still unresolved even when no device is connected to your TV, service may be required. 

For service options we kindly recommend you visiting:

https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

If this post helps you to resolve your concerns, please let us know by accepting this post as a solution. 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (13,353 Views)

Re: Bravia 52KDLXBR4 shows an all white screen with the picture underneath, almost looks like a negative

Thank you for your response.  What would that accomplish? This is a bigger issue than doing a reset.  I just took it in to a TV repairman and he said it is the panel.  it is a bad panel.  

This means that this five thousand dollar TV is now a paperweight.  4 years of moderate TV viewing and now it is unfixable.  

If this is the quality and reputation Sony is putting out then I want no part of this company anymore.  I bought this TV because I knew that Sony is the best.  I was sorely mistaken and now I am paying for it to the tune of 5 grand.  I could have bought a Samsung or other brand for a fraction of the price and my friends who did are still happy with their purchase.  

It looks to me when I peruse this site that there are thousands of people who paid a lot of money for a product they were hoodwinked into believing that it was better than the competition by a long shot.  It turns out that Sony screwed everybody who bought their products.  What recourse do I have for buying an overpriced piece of garbage? When Sony goes bankrupt I'll have the piece of mind knowing that I only got screwed for an extra 3 grand but they screwed themselves out of business forever.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 4 of 4 (2,593 Views)

Did Sony ever do anything about this? I have the exact same problem and my TV is 18 months old. I just got off the phone with Sony supporter basically told me that I would need to get it repaired someplace else I would not even troubleshoot with me. Did you want to preparing the TV or simply replacing it?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook