Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (497 Views)
Accepted Solution

Composite Video Sony KDL40W650D 40-Inch

Hello, everyone! I have an issue with my television. I can't put my composite video cable in all the way! The red and white input are fine but the yellow input appears to be built in a way where it doesn't stick out. I can't put the video cable in at all because of that. I bought a composite to HDMI to fix the problem so I can play my PlayStation 2 and Sega Genesis on it but the picture is incredibly dark. If I play a game like Resident Evil Code Veronica where there are so many dark areas, I'll just see a black screen until I go to a different area. Is there a fix for thos? Is there a certain kind of composite cable I need for the Sony Bravia?

Message 2 of 4 (459 Views)

Re: Composite Video Sony KDL40W650D 40-Inch

Hi Elparanorman,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

The video port is a different kind of connection. Your tv is supplied with a mini plug video adaptor that is specifically for the port. We recommend to use this cable for composite connection. You can connect the yellow video cable to the green jack of the mini plug adaptor. You may refer to page 33 of the link below for more information:

https://docs.sony.com/release//Manual_4584787121.pdf

Hope this helps,

~Ralph

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (428 Views)

Thank you for the warm welcome and for the solution! When I saw the mini plug adapter, I assumed it was only for audio purposes and not for video. This helped me so much, thank you again!

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (413 Views)

Just an update. My PSOne and PS2 games look a lot better now. The screen is nowhere near as dark as it was when using the AV to HDMI extension. I cranked up the brightness a little bit to make the games look even better. Many thanks!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook