Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (1,429 Views)
Accepted Solution

Death Lines!!

My beautiful Sony Bravia KDL-55X4500 has developed the dreaded death lines. The TV has been an exceptional bit of kit that was brought for £5k nearly 8years ago. It is an intermittent fault whereby the picture is sometimes good and sometimes bad with the death lines. I have read some posts that is could be a fault with a loose connection on a circuit board. Does anyone have a difinitive answer as to my future health of the TV that I have loved.
I have already contacted a Sony dealership shop who advised me there was nothing they could do. Does anyone have any good news for me, or do I have to think about replacing it.
Message 2 of 4 (1,328 Views)

Re: Death Lines!!

Hi Lawrence1964,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened with your TV. If a line appears on the screen, we can isolate the issue by following the steps below.

Lines on the screen (vertical or horizontal lines, bands)

Lines on Screen

• Press the HOME button on the supplied remote control to display the TV menu screen. If the lines appear on the menu screen, proceed to the next item below.

Lines on Screen

• Perform a power reset.
    1. Turn off the TV.
    2. Unplug the AC power cord.
    3. Leave the TV unplugged for 2 minutes.
    4. Reconnect the AC power cord.
    5. Power on the TV.
  • Press the HOME button on the supplied remote control to show the menu screen. If the lines are still visible on the menu screen, the TV may require service.

For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (1,311 Views)

Hi, I have carried out all the suggested measures including unplugging and restore factory settings to no avail. My intermittent problem still exists. Can you please advise my choices as I am very reluctant to just bin my beautiful Sony 55" £5k TV!!
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4 (1,212 Views)

Hi Lawrence1964,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We regret that the television did not live up to your expectations. Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America.

For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook