Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (375 Views)

HDR on a 65X9000E

I have just purchased a 65X9000E and spent some time connecting an XBox 1S to it and changing all the settings.  Having issues working out if I am watching HDR using You Tube or Netflix on both the XBox and the TV apps.   I have accessed the 'stats for nerds' in You Tube so I can see if it is streaming at 4K but can't see if it is HDR.   On Netflix i use the info button on one the TV app and again it tells me if it is 2160 but not if it is HDR.   On Amazon Prime when you pause it the banner does say HDR (and looks really good).   I have ready various posts about getting a notification as soon as you stream 4k content but I have never seen one using any app on any device.   Any advice?

Expert
Message 2 of 4 (356 Views)

Re: HDR on a 65X9000E

Hit the action button on the remote and pick 'picture adjustments'.  If your source has hdr it will say hdr there.  As far as I can tell the Youtube app does not do hdr yet - although the picture looks great anyway - I wonder if the TV upscaling tweaks the brightness of non-hdr material.  So far the real HDR material I've seen seems more 'natural' as opposed to the youtube demos that are meant to show off the extremes of brightness and contrast.

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (308 Views)

Thanks that worked

I can’t get express vpn to work on my Sony X9000e - I have changed the DNS settings but I am still getting Australian content. I have restarted the TV ito try to refresh the apps but no change. Any ideas? Also is there a way to move or delete the featured apps?

Message 4 of 4 (238 Views)

Hi Philbo66,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

^Ron

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook