Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 17 (7,802 Views)
Accepted Solution

Half black and half white screen

At times my 5 year old led tv when I turn it on has half the screen black and the other half white.  Pulling the plug and waiting a few minutes helps return the tv to normal. When it is in the b/w mode the control will change channels and there is audio.

Message 2 of 17 (7,765 Views)

Re: Half black and half white screen

Hi stilltrying,

Welcome to Sony Community.

Could you provide the exact model number of your Sony TV? And what are the devices connected to your Sony TV?

Thank you,

Jerome

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 17 (7,749 Views)

Sony KDL52NX800 softwareSmiley TongueKG4.1312.AAH hooked up to a Comcast (xfinity) high def box:Motorola DCX3200

Message 4 of 17 (7,724 Views)

Hi stilltrying,

To isolate the issue, please press the HOME button on the supplied remote control to display the TV menu screen. If the odd colors appear on the screen, the TV may require repair. You may also try the following suggestions.

• If your TV has a reset function for its picture settings, follow the instructions below.
    1. Press the OPTIONS button on the supplied remote control.
    2. Select Picture.
    3. Select Reset.
  • Perform a power reset on the TV.

1. Turn off the TV.
    2. Unplug the AC power cord.
    3. Leave the TV unplugged for 2 minutes.
    4. Reconnect the AC power cord.
    5. Power on the TV.
  • If the TV is connected to an active and stable Internet connection, install the latest TV software

If the above do not help to resolve the issue, the TV may require service. Please check this link for repair related concerns.

Thank you ,

Jerome

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 5 of 17 (5,672 Views)

I have the same problem.
Turned on this morning half withe and half black screen. Audio is OK. Tv model in my case is KDL52NX800 this is 21 oct 2017
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 17 (5,664 Views)

Jerome’s answer part 2 works for me. Turn Tv off before pulling plug! My tv does it if cable box does not send signal. O r switching from HD back to digital.
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 17 (5,339 Views)

I have this same issue and have tried Jeromel's steps without success. I have an XBR65X930D running the latest firmware (I recall updating it about two weeks ago; I would post the number, but can only see the black/white boxes). Please advise why this is happening and what other steps have been known to resolve the issue. Thanks!

Rookie
Message 8 of 17 (5,209 Views)

Hi, bravia kdl-50w800b and it recently started acting up.. The sony sign comes up and then the picture goes black but the sound is still on... the picture came up one time and I updated the software. The current software version is PKG3.003GAA pls help... I need heop
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 17 (2,745 Views)

I am having thenidentical issue, but unplugging does not work, and the model is XBR65X930D (so no “options” button on remote and cannot see screen menu)

Any help!?
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 17 (2,744 Views)

Same issue = black and White split screen on Sony 65x930D

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook