Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 17 (554 Views)

Re: Half black and half white screen

YOUR problem seems to be cause by something oher then the HD HANDSHAKE I believe one site called it. I believe comast contributed to the problem! Is your cable box on when you plug the tv back in?  It should be. Knock on wood but  I have not had a problem since comcast updated by service.  Let us know if you find the fix. 

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 17 (553 Views)

Problem persists with all inputs, so not likely related to cable box. I can’t tell WHICH input it’s on now, and I have GVTC for cable.
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 17 (537 Views)

@stilltrying - anybidea what is happening? I still have a half Blackmon and half white tv (xbr65x930d). Neither holding down the power button to reset nor unplugging for ten minutes, with. I sources attached, makes any difference. Like others, I can hear it’s “working”, but not showing content.

Anyone? ...anyone?
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 17 (529 Views)

@Jeromel - any suggestions? I have the same half-black and half-white screen with audible “background” sounds. Have detached all sources, reset by holding down the power button, and hard reset with extended unplug time. No change.

Appreciate any help!!!
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 17 (185 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue.
Turned on last night and left half of screen is white and right half is a black screen. Audio is working. There was no warning signs that the TV was having any issues.

My TV model is XBR65X850D purchased Nov. 2016.

I've tried Jeromel's suggested fixes and nothing works.

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 17 (176 Views)

This is a known issue by Sony but they do not even reply to messages posted here about it. I’m afraid to say that it is a failed display. Despite having four different parts ordered and replaced, it had to be completely replaced. I was within three days of my warranty expiring.
Enthusiast
Message 17 of 17 (161 Views)

Thanks for the reply. That’s pretty much my findings from searching online.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook