Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

Tuning Up
ronbranz312
Accepted Solution

I have a Sony KDF-E55A20 LCD Projection TV. It will play for 30 seconds then the TV goes black with

I have a Sony KDF-E55A20 LCD TV. It will play for 30 seconds then the TV goes black, and the projection lamp goes off, losing picture and sound. In 30 more seconds the TV will go back on, picture and sound, with the projection lamp going back on. This process goes over and over, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off, and so on and so on. Is my problem the projection lamp or something making the projection lamp go off ?  The lamp indicator never flashes.

I also have a Sony KF-50WE610.  After warming up the screen will go partially or fully green,blurring TV images, back to normal and then on and off green. I have replaced the projection lamp, but this problem still persists.

Any ideas ?

Please use plain text.
Chart Buster
truedaystar

Re: I have a Sony KDF-E55A20 LCD Projection TV. It will play for 30 seconds then the TV goes black w

Sounst like you got a lamp or a bad ballast board.. maybe a thermal fuse problem on the a20 the we610, I had one.. your optic block is going bad.. not much to do with that one, it is an expensive repair for that old of a TV set.
George
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
KevinK

Re: I have a Sony KDF-E55A20 LCD Projection TV. It will play for 30 seconds then the TV goes black w

Good evening!

Please email us at Sonylistens@am.sony.com for assistance with this issue. In your email, please be sure to include a brief description of the issues you are having, the complete model and serial number of your TV's, and your contact info.

Thank you,
Kevin Krause
Sony Support USA
Please use plain text.