Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (993 Views)

KDL 48W600B is UNACCEPTABLE!

[ Edited ]

I purchased a new KDL48w600B. I paid to have it securely wired to the wall, had the old tv hauled away, and then tried \ to connect to wifi (the router and modem are next to the television). Nothing. It would not connect. So, I called Sony, only to be told that my brand new 2014 televison has obsolute software and needs to have a new driver installed. I have two options: I can download myself after I purchase a flashdrive, download the driver, transfer it to the flashdrive, and connect it to the tv, or I can wait 10 days for Sony to send me a flashdrive. Now, I am not a techie. I know very little about uploading and downloading,I simply wanted a television I could plug in and begin watching, but my old tv was gone, so I purchased a Sony recommended flashdrive, followed all of the directions very carefully, and attempted to upload the new driver. Nothing! The tv would not read the flashdrive contents. So, here I am, the fifth day of no television.

If Sony knew the software was obsolute, they should have sent the required software with the tv when they sent it out.  If I had gone with a cheaper brand, I would be enjoying watching something other than a big black rectangle.

Message 2 of 5 (968 Views)

Re: KDL 48W600B is UNACCEPTABLE!

[ Edited ]

Hello angela90814, thank you for letting us know your concerns. Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. If your model number of TV did not come with the latest software version, as you already know there are two different ways to update it: through an USB by downloading it  in our Sony website or requesting it by phone. All Sony products are being updated to provide our customers the best experience and latest settings. In case you need some help, we have a website which is http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=KDL48W600B&upd_id=10033&os_group_id=18. There you can check and follow all the steps for completing this procedure. Also there is a third option to update your TV which is by downloading it directly from the internet of your TV. Here are some steps:

1. Press the HOME button on the remote control, then select Help

2. Go into Customer Support and select Software Update.

NOTE: To perform an update from your TV directly must be connected to a either wired or wireless network. 

These are the improvements of updating your TV:

• Improves performance and stability of the Internet TV features.
  • Improves the login function for the Skype® online calling service.
  • Corrects a condition where an Error 5010 message is displayed when refreshing Internet content on the TV.

For connectivity to a network, we provide you with the links below:

If this post helps you to resolve your concerns, please let us know by accepting this post as a solution. 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (939 Views)

After I contacted them twelve days ago, Sony was supposed to send out the flashdrive with the update in 7 to 10 days. Television is still unusable.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (243 Views)

URL is dead.

Awaiting solution.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 5 (230 Views)

Hi DomDiStroia,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

If you are having issues with the network, you may refer to the following links below:

https://ca.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49652

https://ca.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32469

For eSupport Drivers & Software Downloads web page:

http://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER

Hope this helps.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook