Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

Groovin'
rsweibel

KKL-32XBR9 no power or sound other than "clicking"

Hi. I had my KDL-32XBR9 on. It was working perfectly as always. Suddenly it made a loud pop, and went dead. I unplugged it, reset it. When I plug it in the power light comes on and I hear the TV "click" but there is no picture or sound. Approximately every 15 seconds the TV clicks again. The power switch has no effect. The remote control has no effect. The only way to turn it off is to unplug the TV. Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Re: KKL-32XBR9 no power or sound other than "clicking"

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the information, rsweibel!

Fur us to further assist you, please provide more information. Are you getting a red blinking light on the TV panel? If yes, how many blinking light? You may also try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Press the POWER button on the remote.

2. Unplug the AC power cord from the electrical outlet.

3. Leave the TV without power for a minute.

4. Plug the AC power cord back into the outlet.

5. Attempt to turn on the TV using the power button on the remote or on the TV itself.

If after doing the steps provided same thing happen then the TV needs service. Click this link to locate a Sony Authorized Servicer near your area.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
rsweibel

Hello. Thank you for responding to my query. In answer to your question: When I plug in the TV, the green power light comes on and stays on, except that it blinks every 15 or so seconds when the TV "clicks." No red light comes on at all. Sounds like I need to have it serviced, huh? Thanks. 

Robert

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

It will be best to have the TV serviced for us to know what is wrong with the unit. Please refer to the link that BrianP provided to locate the nearest Sony authorized service center in your area. 

Please use plain text.