Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (2,203 Views)

My KDS-R50XBR1 won't stay on. it shuts off by itself. I have a red light flashing 4 times.

Expert
Message 2 of 4 (2,190 Views)

Re: My KDS-R50XBR1 won't stay on. it shuts off by itself. I have a red light flashing 4 times.

Hello Dale,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Does the issue occur even when different source devices (cable box, DVD player, gaming console, etc.) are connected to the TV? Disconnect the source device and turn ON the TV to confirm if the issue is with the TV or the source device.

I f the STANDBY light flashes four times in sequence, it indicates that the TV may be overheating. To resolve this issue, ensure that the back of the TV is well ventilated.

If the standby light continues to flash, perform a power reset and check if it resolves the issue.

To power reset, turn off the TV and unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.

Let it remain without power for 60 seconds.

After 60 seconds, plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.

If the TV is plugged into a power strip/surge protector, remove it from the power strip/surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet.

Turn ON the TV and check if it works as expected.

If the issue is still unresolved after power resetting the TV, service may be required. Please note the number of times the STANDBY light flashes and relay that information to the service center. You can locate the nearest Sony authorized service center using the below link.

https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Thank you for your post.

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (407 Views)

Re: My KDS-R50XBR1 won't stay on. it shuts off by itself. I have a red light flashing 4 times.

I have a kds r60xbr1 been having trouble with the bulbs. I bought aftermarket and none seem to work long-term. .
Message 4 of 4 (368 Views)

Hi, Hal064

Welcome to Sony Community! 

It is highly recommended to visit the nearest Sony Authorized Service Center in your area for any hardware-related issues on your TV. The unit needs to be checked by a service technician. Check here for more details: https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook