Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

Groovin'
Sceidi
Accepted Solution

My Sony Bravia TV will not turn on. The red LED light flashes red 5 times, pauses then repeats.

My sony bravia will not turn on.  The red LED light flashes red 5 times then pauses and flashes 5 times repeatedly.  I am told that the number of flashes indicates what the error is.  When I googled it I read that it means that the screen components are shot and the fix is more expensive than buying a new TV.  Is this true?

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
devilclown

Re: My Sony Bravia TV will not turn on. The red LED light flashes red 5 times, pauses then repeats.

please post model number, would make it easier to find the blinking codes. Could be a t-con board ($25-100 fix) or a software upgrade (free) , or maybe the backlight is dead (yep too much to fix).

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Sceidi

Re: My Sony Bravia TV will not turn on. The red LED light flashes red 5 times, pauses then repeats.

The model number is KDL-32EX301.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
devilclown

http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic.php?forum=70&topic=31721

Link above explains the blinking codes. From a little bit of internet sleuthing sounds like it could be a few different things, Power supply, Lamp, or ballast. Need a meter to determine which is bad. Hope this helped, sorry I couldn't get you more info! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Kkk0202

Please use plain text.