Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 7 (1,110 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony Bravia 40" LED TV - 40R 482B -- Early Display failure (Batch Problem) -- ACTION REQUIRED for Replacement

[ Edited ]

Hi Team,

I purchased a Brand new Sony Bravia 40 Inches LED TV bearing model no # 40R 482B Series during Y2015.

To my surprise and to add to my misery, suddenly (24th March 2017) few thin lines started to appear in my TV and slowly developed a multilayer coloring and started malfunctioning. At this moment, I restarted the TV and Dish. However the same problem persists still.

I contacted Sony customer care and registered a complaint towards the problem. Service Technician visited on a paid basis only to inform that Display panel failure and he could not identify the reason for this failure at a very early stage. Generally Sony TV is known for the Quality but in my case it’s a failure. Service Technician proposed to replace the complete Panel set and provided an estimation of INR 19,500/- .

Hence, It Seems some internal problems or manufacturing defect in the unit and your engineers could not able to identify the root cause of problem.

Being a loyal customer to Sony and this type of major failure in very short-term period (2 years) is quite disappointing to me. I was with a plan to purchase a Sony 32” TV for my bedroom along with Home theatre, however I had to cancel it due to quality of product and service.

In view of above, Request you to replace the complete TV or LED Display Panel under warranty as a special case and I’m happy to put an AMC as well and allow me to be a part of SONY family. Infact based on my assurance and word of mouth about Sony products quality my relatives and close friends have bought Sony products.

Request you to treat this matter as most urgent and solve the issue.

Kindly revert if you need additional details and also hwo to proceed further.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Vinodh

Mobile. +91 8**60 4***05

Email: vi**d**@gm***l.com

Message 2 of 7 (1,076 Views)

Re: Sony Bravia 40" LED TV - 40R 482B -- Early Display failure (Batch Problem) -- ACTION REQUIRED for Replacement

Hi, Vinodhnil

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 3 of 7 (1,071 Views)

Re: Sony Bravia 40" LED TV - 40R 482B -- Early Display failure (Batch Problem) -- ACTION REQUIRED for Replacement

Hi Vincent,

Being an display problem, am not getting any favourable response from concerned team.

It's painful and unbelievable that's sony had failed and giving his expected worth life.

Can I have Said Pacific senior management email id and contact numbers ?

Regards,
Vinodh
Apprentice
Message 4 of 7 (932 Views)

Hello. 

Awaiting response from your end. 

Vinodh

Apprentice
Message 5 of 7 (796 Views)

Hi Team, 

Any updates ??

This mail is in reference to the letter dated 4th April  Ref No – 38668070 and subsequent discussion with Sony Service Head, NewDelhi.

This comes as a surprise to me. In spite of repeated explanation to your team at various levels about the product failure email dt 21st, 22nd, 29th & 31st  March 2017, all I get from them is empathy and no one is ready to accept the failure in the product and not ready to consider the same under free replacement.

Stated earlier in my emails to your company the reason for buying the Sony products is for its quality and customer centric approach. However, in my case both of them seems to be a failure. The loyal Sony customer is getting punished for your company’s manufacturing defect.

Regards, 

Vinodh

Apprentice
Message 6 of 7 (285 Views)

Hi Team, 

Its quite painful to express my pains in this formum..

None of things has been escalated to Management and all are passing times by hearing Customers pain. 

Finally, Any updates on the warrranty request?

Thansk & Regards, 

Vinodh

Apprentice
Message 7 of 7 (157 Views)

Team, 

Am really  frustrated and unhappy the way you are handling my case for last one Month. 

Understand from your colleague, that i have taken my Case to Mr Hibi and Hirai and due to that reason my case has been declined. 

I don't think there is no point in declining warranty considering EGO in my case. 

Though I have discussed with dealer Mr kalanthar, Prabakaran and Sony Santhosh Thomas, Ms. Susmitha, Sharan, Sikhadhar, Meena Bose etc.. 

Further no point in argument and escalation. Very disappointed that my goodwill warranty has been cancelled due to EGO clash. 

Rgds.
Vinodh

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook