Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (619 Views)

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX500 - Dark Screen

I have a problem, started a few months ago, where I'll be watching something and just can't see details in dark areas. For example, Game of Thrones, in a dark scene, I'm lucky to see faces, but clothing and such at night, just black masses.

I discovered, if I click into the menu, scroll down to I believe it's 'video' it brings up a screen and says USB not Found... because no USB plugged in. When I exit out of the screen... voila... the screem is back to how it should be. I can see folds in the cloth, details in the back etc.

I though maybe it was something to do with the ambient sensor, where it auto adjusts brightness, disabled it and no difference. Reset the video options to default, which I always had them set to anyways, but nope, next time I turn the TV on, if watching something dark, I have to open the menu, click video, wait a second, exit out and it's fine again.

Any ideas?

Message 2 of 3 (550 Views)

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-40EX500 - Dark Screen

Hi THRobinson,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

We're sorry to hear about this. However, have you tried to troubleshoot this issue? If no, you may refer to the links below for possible steps to fix/isolate this:

I hope it helps.

Regards,

^Ron

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (529 Views)

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-40EX500 - Dark Screen

Have I tried to troubleshoot?

Resetting to default, switching the ambient sensor off, and toggling video modes is troubleshooting.

Checked those links out... not relevent to the situation.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook