Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

Groovin'
clubchico
Accepted Solution

Sony Bravia KDL-46Z4100 Color Issues/Distortion

[ Edited ]

My TV is having color issues after it has been turned on for a few mintues.  It starts out normal but then slowly starting get distortion with red tints, darker colors, and some other distortions.  Whites stay white.  I would like to fix the problem myself but just need to know what part I need to replace so I can order it and do it myself.  Is it the T-Con Board?

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-46Z4100 Color Issues/Distortion

Hi clubchico!

Thanks for the message. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the TV.

Do a Power Reset.

1. Turn off the TV.
2. Unplug the power cord of the TV from the electrical outlet.
3. Let the TV remain without power for 60 seconds.
4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
5. Turn on the TV.

If the issue is still unresolved after performing power reset, connect a different video source (ex. cable box, DVD player, Blu-ray player or gaming console) to the TV. If still getting the issue on a different video source, that may be an indication that the TV needs service. You may refer to this link to locate the nearest Sony authorized service center in your area. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
clubchico

I should have mentioned in my original message that I have already done the checks to ensure it is indeed the TV.  I have unplugged and replugged in the power cord. 

I have also duplicated the color issue on my DVD player through my receiver and also my Blu-Ray player.  The color distortion also happens on the Menu screen when just the TV is on. 

I don't want to have to pay for a TV Repair person to come tell me what is wrong.  With Technology now a days I should be able to say online what the problem is and someone be able to tell me online what is the cause of the problem.  Do both a Tcon Board and the LCD panel have an affect on color? 

I just want to know if it is something I can replace like the T-Con board or is it the LCD panel which means I will be better off buying a new TV.  If I have to buy a new TV it will definitely not be a Sony TV.  I already paid more money for this Sony TV because I was told they are a higher quality brand and will last longer (was told 10-12 years) and therefore worth paying more for.  The picture has been awesome and I have loved everything about my TV but if it only lasts 6 years then it makes no sense to pay more for a Sony.

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Thank you for the information. The TV needs to be checked by a technician for us to know what is wrong with the unit and what is the part needed in order to resolve the issue. 

Please use plain text.