Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

Groovin'
Mslock
Accepted Solution

Sony Bravia KDL32L5000 clicks but won't turn on

My Sony Bravia KDL32L5000 wouldn't turn on. I unplugged it for 30 minutes then tried to turn it on. After several attempts, the tv did come on, but shut off after a while. Now it clicks when I try to turn it on, but can't get any picture or sound.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: Sony Bravia KDL32L5000 clicks but won't turn on

Hello Mslock,

Welcome to Sony Community.

If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into a different working wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the TV.

Perform Factory reset:

1) Turn on the TV.

2) Wait approximately 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.

3) On the TV remote control, press and hold the RESET button.

4) While holding the RESET button, press and release the POWER button on the TV set.

The TV may turn off and then back on.

5) Release the RESET button.

If the TV remains ON for some time, then update the Firmware to the latest version from the below link:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=KDL32L5000&upd_id=7151&os_group_id=18

Regards,

Colby

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Mslock

I can't turn the tv on now. I can hear a clicking noise when I plug it in or unplug it, but it will not come on. Also, remote doesn't have a Reset button (unless it is labeled otherwise)

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
fredb

I have two remotes. A RM-YD028 And A RM-YD035. Neither have a "RESET" button on them. Also my manual does not make any reference to a "RESET" button the remote. So how do I reset mine??

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

To reset your TV to factory default settings still follow the steps that ColbyP provided, instead of pressing the Reset button (which is not available on the two remotes that you have) just press the UP arrow button on the remote.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
fredb

Did as suggested, but nothing happens. Power won't come on by pressing the on button on the TV either.

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Since the TV won't turn on, try doing a power reset on the unit.

1. Turn off the TV.

2. Unplug the power cord of the TV from the electrical outlet.

3. Let the television remain without power for 60 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
If the television is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the television.

5. Turn on the television.

Is there any indicator light flashing on the front panel of the TV?

If the issue still persists after doing a power reset, that might be an indication that the TV is already for service. Refer to the link below to locate the nearest Sony authorized service center in your area.

https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
fredb

Replaced power board clicks twice but nothing happens. The old one did the same. Think I should trying any other boards? If si which one?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

I would suggest contacting an authorized Sony service center regarding this matter. They are the one's who could tell you what part is needed to replace on your TV so that it will be fixed. Please refer to this link to locate the nearest Sony authorized service center in your area.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
fredb

Thanks anyway. A repair would cost more than a new TV

Please use plain text.