Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (870 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony Bravia TV KDL55HX820 no longer accepts remote signal

TV no longer accepts signal from remote. Remote works since the remote light flashes when pressing a button. Batteries in remote are still in good condition. Everythig seems to be working like normal apart from these sym[ptoms: 1) TV can show a green tinge on the picture when powering on, which sorts itself out after a few seconds. 2) The red stand-by LED light is now missing when TV is in standby. 3) The green Power on indicator LED light is half as bright as it use to be.

This has happened on several occasions before and the problem eventually sorted itself out automatically. However this time, I factory resetted the TV... which brought me to the Set up Page requiring that I enter a PIN for the Parrental Control Feature. The only problem is, the TV currently does not accept signals for the remote control and there is no option to skip this step. So now I'm stuck here...

Rookie
Message 2 of 2 (833 Views)

Re: Sony Bravia TV KDL55HX820 no longer accepts remote signal

I finally solved the problem and it turned out to be a frozen remote, probably from using cheap old batteries. To fix this, I took out the batteries from the remote control, pressed and held down every button on the remote for 3 seconds, one at a time until every single one had been pressed (to drain out all the remaining power left inside the remote), put batteries back in and now it works.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook