Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 31 of 38 (726 Views)

Re: Sony KDF50WE655 blue dots on screen issue not being resolved by Sony

It seems crazy that so many consumers have experienced the same problem with this product and that Sony is hidding behind their warranty terms. Clearly this problem is widespread, and clearly a consumer who pays $2,000 to $3,000 for a TV expects to get more than 2 to 4 years of use out of it, warranty or no warranty. The product or technology has a defect, and thousands of consumers were negatively impacted, and we are being told, "sorry your warranty expired." That does not work for me, I need to know that the manufacturer will stand behind their product if it is clear that the product they sold is defective.

I am very disappointed with Sony in their handeling of this issue.

Steve I.

Rookie
Message 32 of 38 (717 Views)

Hi.. I've been having the same exact issue for the past 7 years with my sony tv.. I've been spending a lot of money on this problem and it just keeps coming back.. I've spoke to Sony about this problem several times years ago and I never got anywhere with this... CAN YOU PLS SUPPORT ME ON THIS????
Message 33 of 38 (715 Views)

Hi SJizzi and Thekidd84, I sent both of you a private message. Thanks, Hailey

Enthusiast
Message 34 of 38 (542 Views)

Greetings:

We just started seeing the same "blue dots" problem in our 60 inch set (kdf-60wf655).  Thought it might be a problem with the optical box.  Any more info I can get would be appreciated.  This is such a great TV set I'd be sorry to have to replace it.  

Thanks,

alan

Rookie
Message 35 of 38 (353 Views)

i have the same problem years of spending money fixing this tv please let me know my options. thanks

Highlighted
Message 36 of 38 (330 Views)

Hi Ryemacdon,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

I will send you a Private Message(PM).

Thanks,

>Joffrey

Rookie
Message 37 of 38 (256 Views)

Good morning I have the same blue dot problem with my sony KDF-E60A20 tv as was mentioned in earlier posts my serial number is 9100317. I have replaced my bulb one time about 5 years ago. I have loved this tv and am hoping Sony could do something to help me fix this or allow me to purchase another Sony! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Message 38 of 38 (231 Views)

Hi Cghaase,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear that the TV displays blue dots on the screen. This issue is usually caused by some type of nearby magnetic interference, such as unshielded stereo speakers placed too close to the TV. These spots can be small or large and will normally be red, green or blue, but sometimes appear purple or pink. They normally occur on the sides or corners of the screen, but can also appear in the middle.

To resolve this issue, move any stereo speakers or other electronic devices away from the TV; a minimum of 2-3 feet is recommended. If the situation is not remedied immediately, unplug the power cord of the TV from the electrical outlet for 20-30 minutes; repeat this process one more time if the issue is not resolved the first time.

Please refer to this link for more information: 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42846

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40439

If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook