Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 38 (5,449 Views)

Sony KDF50WE655 blue dots on screen issue not being resolved by Sony

I have a Sony KDF50WE655 that I purhased new several years ago directly through SONY USA. Withing the 1st year I had the lamp blow out and replaced by SONY, now sebveral years later in 2010 blue dots beagn to appear on this TV. After contacting SONY on the phone and being told there was nothing that could be done I "retired" this TV to a seldom used room in my house where my Daughter and friends would watch DVD;s etc. I was later told by a friend that they too had issues with SONY tv's with "blue dots" They were given a free replacement TV by SONY through a program that where SONY acknowledged an issue with these TVs and was offering assistance for customers who had purchased these TV's. When I contacted SONY I was told by a representative on the phone that there was no such program ( someome overseas that  spoke with ) I tried but failed to escalate this problem to a higher authority. After over and hour or two of being routed to different Countries and support, i gave up. Since that time I ahve replaced 2 other older TV's in my home with NON SONY TV's since I had so many issues and felt I was taken advantage and not given the correct sotry in regards to the issue wioth this TV. The last TV I purchased was several weeks ago and i was told by the salesman that he too had had issue with his Sony projection TV similar to mine but he was given a voucher for $900 from SONY in 2011 due to the issue he had with Blue dots. He suggested i browse websites related to "Sony Blue dots" and I found that there wss indeed a program from SONY that was on going when i originally contacted SONY abpout my probel, but was told that there was NOT any such program. When i inquired a year or so later I was told again that no such program existed even though I had seen several websites dedicated to this issue.

I called again today after looking at how much worse the TV has gotten and my daughter complainig that we needed to replace this TV because it could not be viewed. I am in the process of researching for a replacement and decided to give SONY another chance to win my business back. When I contacted technicl support ( in South America ) I was told initially that no program existed or ever did, but when i mentioned a couple of websites where I had seen information in regards to this I was told that there was a program inplace but it had expired and i was "out of luck"

A friend suggested i give a try to customer support/relations so here i am

Serial # is 9261549.

I am seeking some sort of credit/voucher to hep me replace a TV that I spent $2000 on several years ago and cannot watch. I have 5 TV's in my home, including a Samsung 42" TV that I purchased 2 months after my SONT that is still going strong by the way.

Thabnk you i n advance for any help you can provide.

Message 2 of 38 (5,442 Views)

Re: Sony KDF50WE655 blue dots on screen issue not being resolved by Sony

Hi puddlbass,

We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your Sony product. Sony provided a warranty extension for this type of issues however, that extended warranty has ended already. Anything outside of the Limited Warranty does require a charge. Our records indicate you purchased the TV on April 18, 2005, which means it is 7 years out of warranty. I did review your file, I sent you a PM. Kindly check it. Thanks, AmyB

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 38 (5,439 Views)

what is a PM ?

Message 4 of 38 (5,437 Views)

Hi puddlbass,

Sorry for the confusion. PM stands for a Private Message. You can check it by clicking the “envelope like icon” on the top-left hand corner of your screen.

Thanks,
AmyB
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 38 (5,387 Views)

I have the same issue with the dots recently appearing

I see you sent thr person with this issue a PM...can you give me more details as well

Thanks

Joe
Message 6 of 38 (5,372 Views)

Hi Joelong, Sorry to hear what happened to your TV. Our record shows this TV was released in the market on September 1, 2004, which is more than 7 years out of warranty. I sent you a PM. Kindly check your inbox. Thanks, Charlie

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 38 (4,977 Views)

Same issue with the blue dots. Can I get a PM as well please?
Message 8 of 38 (4,930 Views)

Texastray, I just sent you a private message. Please check your inbox. :: Yuri

Rookie
Message 9 of 38 (4,530 Views)

I CALLED SEVERAL YEARS AGO WITH NO HELP AT ALL FROM SONY. I PAYED OVER $2200.00 FOR THIS TV AND ITS JUST GETTING WORSE LITTLE BLUE DOTS I HAVE A CHEAP $200 TV FROM WALMART THAT HAS OUT LASTED THIS SONY. WHY AM I READING ON THE INTERNET WHERE PEOPLE ARE GETTING HELP FROM SONY WITH THIS PROBLEM AND I COULDN'T GET ANYWHERE WITH SONY 

Message 10 of 38 (4,522 Views)

Hi TIME4HUNTIN, let me send you a private message. Regards,

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook