Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 41 of 48 (959 Views)

Re: Sony KDL-70R550A blank screen problem

I have not had any luck getting a lawyer to take this on.  Anyone else want to try it?  I had no luck getting a replacement TV in spite of many attempts using all the helpful advice from others on this forum.  It seems that some are lucky, some are not, which is also quite discriminatory on Sony's part.

Enthusiast
Message 42 of 48 (874 Views)

I have exactly the same problem with my Sony Bravia of this model KDL-70R550A. I bought my 70" tv set about a year ago and before completing a year, one night we switched the set off for the night and it would not start the next morning. I cannot get my blank screen to show anything - no display settings etc. Backlight appears to be working when the set is turned on - but I never get the 'Sony logo' or anything to display at TV start and everything I try to get a display on the screen. I have sound from all inputs but no picture.

I have contacted an authorized repair firm, but they say it might be whether the T-Con board that went bad or the display itself. I've been struggling to order a T-Con board, but now I am not sure if I should spend any more money on parts for a new Tv set that doesn't work and looks like it is a problem from the manufacturer as it happens to so many people and no one has a practical solution. I don't even need to think about replacing the display... Do I really need to proceed with T-Com board replacement? To me after reading all this statements on this forum I concluded that there is a common problem with this display.

Cyberpit

Apprentice
Message 43 of 48 (872 Views)

You'd need to have the authorized Sony repairman come and do an official diagnosis to have the paperwork on file.  If he tells you it's the screen itself, there is no replacement screen available - SONY DOES NOT MAKE THEM.  It costs more to make a replacement screen than it does to just have people buy new tvs...therein lies the scam/ the problem.  If you have a warranty, you're golden.  If the tv is less than a year old, you can probably be covered under the store's warranty anyway.  Ours died just after the warranty.

Enthusiast
Message 44 of 48 (832 Views)

I am in on the class action... my 2.5 year old KDL-70R550A has a dead screen verified by technician. A new Panel is not purchaseable.... They are required to carry parts for a reasonable amount of time. Fed up trying to get resolution...

Enthusiast
Message 45 of 48 (816 Views)

i have a new one just took out of box they wont do anything because i dont have a reciept  it was a gift 

Apprentice
Message 46 of 48 (804 Views)

If it's new, you should take it back to the store under their warranty.  Contact the person who gave it to you.

Enthusiast
Message 47 of 48 (796 Views)

was purchased 1400  miles from me not taking it back and there again they would probably use the same excuse 

Rookie
Message 48 of 48 (330 Views)

I would like to join in on the class action lawsuit as well. This is ridiculous

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook