Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 22 (7,899 Views)

Re: Sony TV is not displaying picture or has no signal

Thank you for taking the time to make that suggestion.  Unfoturnately it did not help.  I unplugged it from the power strip, let it sit for a while, and then plugged it directly into the wall.  When I turn on the power, the green power led light comes on, the Sony logo underneath the screen lights up, but the screen stays black.  Then in about 30 seconds, I hear a click and the green led light goes out and the red standby button flashes 5 times, then pauses and then flashes 5 times, over and over.  As I may have mentioned, this started happening a few weeks ago, and I would unplug the tv, wait a while, plug it in, hit a bunch of buttons on my remote (including home, input, etc.....basically out of frustration), and then eventually the tv might come one.  So I would hold my breath every time I turned it on, and sometimes it just came on.  Now, for the last 3 or 4 days, it never comes on.  So, something must have been going bad, and is now kaput?!?!?   Any ideas???

Expert
Message 12 of 22 (7,883 Views)

The POWER RESET procedure provided by AngelaP should resolve the issue. However, if the problem persists, then the TV may require service since the number of times the standby light would flash is a service code for the use of a Sony qualified technician. Please click here to check for your service options. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

http://bit.ly/Win-4K

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 22 (7,855 Views)

Thanks for trying to help.  I ended up calling a Sony repair technician who came out and said it needs a new LCD control board.  They are supposed to call me with an price estimate tomorrow.

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 22 (5,409 Views)

Unplugging it worked. I now have a signal.  Can you tell me why that happended

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 22 (3,488 Views)

Many of you who have had working systems with TV's having 1080i will have difficulty with getting 1080p fully functional.  The problem is that the specification for HDMI (although even the earliest passes 4K signals) will not pass standard 1080p with video output YCbCr 4:2:0 which is the standard.  Blue Ray players and set top boxes should have options to change the setting to 4:2:2 which will resolve your problem.  If you are using a computer to send 1080p to your new Sony TV via HDMI, you will need to reduce the refresh rate to 24 Hz.  This will work fine.  I tested up to 30 Hz and still functioned fine, but there is no reason to increase the refresh as the picture looks great.

Many have written SIMPLE ways to verify your problem exists... but none have answered my question.  I simply would not give up until I resolved it.  No sense having a 4K TV that won't even show 1080p on screen.

Regards

"The Closer"

Rookie
Message 16 of 22 (2,996 Views)

Re: Sony TV is not displaying picture but sound is ok

Ive purchased led tv sony bravia 2014 april , after turning on tv siplay is not coming ,sometimes display comes then its disappear i tried it to start & shut down many times but ,only sound comes from it, is it due heavy rainfall in my room moisture problem or display goes 100%.

When i purchase sony tv i feel confidence with quality but its totally wrong its quality looking worst.

Rookie
Message 17 of 22 (1,054 Views)

We have an XBR-55X850C which is about 14 months old.  Has worked flawlessly up to this point.  However today it was on as usual and I left the room for about 30 minutes.  Came back and there was no picture.  Sound, but no picture.  Looked at all the solutions listed (unplug everything for a few minutes and plug it all back in, hold down the power button to reboot) with no positive result.

One thing that seems to be a bit different in my case from others I've seen posting is that I have no menues or anything.  If I press the MENU button on the remote I hear the audio cue but nothing is displayed on the TV.  I can see that the backlight comes on when the TV powers up and when I press the PIC button on the remote the backlight go away (screen goes totally black).

Any suggestions?

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 22 (1,053 Views)

Read my post re: no ****** sound ok

posted by dhenzler a few minutes ago

Rookie
Message 19 of 22 (807 Views)

I connected all the things with tv tuner but there is blue screen displaying no sound no picture some times flickring picture is displaying
Message 20 of 22 (746 Views)

Hi Harkomal,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened with the TV. The most common reason for a TV to display a blue screen with no picture is because the source device has not been set to the proper mode.

If you are using a cable or satellite set-top box, ensure that it is turned on and set to an active station. If the set-top box is connected to the television using a coaxial cable, then the television should be set to Channel 3 or 4 to receive the signal.

If you are using a VCR that is turned on, but not playing a tape and not tuned to a receivable channel, then a blue screen will be displayed on the TV. To resolve this, turn off the VCR or tune it to a receivable channel. If a cable or satellite set-top box is connected to the VCR using a coaxial cable, then the VCR should normally be set to Channel 3 or 4 to receive the signal.

Note: If the blue screen is not because of a connected VCR or set-top box, the TV may require service.

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook