Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 21 of 28 (1,309 Views)

Re: Sony TV is not displaying picture or has no signal

I have the Bravia, recently purchased. Something keeps timing out and I keep losing signal between the TV and the cable box; "No signal. Check the external input or select another input using the INPUT button". After resetting the cable box, it syncs back up. This only started when I changed TVs.
Message 22 of 28 (1,266 Views)

Hi PSantiago,

Welocme to the SONY Community!

Thank you for your message and we regret to hear about the issue you currently have. If by any chance you still get the same message stating that the TV has no SIGNAL you may perform the following steps to isolate the issue:

1. The TV may not display a picture or may not work properly if the LED indicator is blinking. A separate article provides detailed steps if the TV does not display a picture and the LED indicator is blinking. If the LED indicator is NOT blinking, proceed to step 2.
  2. Antenna or cable or source device may not be correctly connected to the TV.
  3. If using direct cable or an over-the-air antenna, the channel set up feature in the TV menu should be re-activated so that the TV can re-scan the active channels. This is also known as the auto program feature of a TV.
  4. The TV may be set to an input that does not have a device connected. Press the TV/VIDEO or INPUT button on the remote control to change the input to the desired input.
  5. If you have connected a satellite receiver, a cable box, digital converter box, or a video cassette recorder (VCR) to the TV using a coaxial cable, the TV should be in the base channel, which is Channel 3 or 4. To set the TV to the base channel, use the TV's supplied remote. Once reception is being received, use the bundled remote control of the connected device to change programs.
  6. The source device may be turned off or in a standby mode. Turn the device on.
  7. The channel being watched may not be live, or the media being played may be blank. Attempt to change the channel or try a different source or device.
  8. If a set-top box, direct cable, or over-the-air antenna is connected to the CABLE/ANTENNA input, the built-in tuner should be auto programmed again.

IMPORTANT: Built-in-tuner needs to be selected when setting up the TV service step on initial setup.

9. The signal being received may be weak.
    • If using an over-the-air antenna, make sure the coaxial cable connection is secure and don't use a signal splitter. The antenna may need to be adjusted to improve the signal quality.
    • If using cable or satellite, make sure the connection to the back of the TV is secure. Then contact your service provider for further assistance in improving the signal strength.
    • An optional distribution amplifier may help improve a weak signal. Visit your local electronics retailer for more information or to purchase a distribution amplifier.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 23 of 28 (907 Views)

I am facing the same problem as some body said display is not coming .
And I followed Ur instructions also but again it is having the same problem can I have an another solution for this.
Expert
Message 24 of 28 (898 Views)

[ Edited ]

LCD  Panel died in my Sony 55-X850C per the repairv teck on site here after he tried a  new Power Supply/LED driver como board per the red light blinking diag code and service manual flow chart and some testing before condenming the panel .

As soon as Square Trade warranty co. notifies me of a cash setlement in process for what I paid for the X850C which is my option on the Costo  specific Square trade warranty presuming they dont want to put a panel in it I will get a 2017 Sony 55-X900E for $300.00 more than I paid for the X850C at Q4 2015 prices and of couse another extended warranty noting it has a Samung panel

( LCD cell ) in it anyway and  it can happen to any LED/LCD TV at any time .

The repair tech says Sony and Samung LED/LCD both break down alike ,  he says Vizio is junk but he likes Sony and Samung but with extended warranties of course given the state of LED/LCD TV's today .

Message 25 of 28 (848 Views)

Hi Sivaramprasad,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

You may consider these steps to isolate no picture issue:

1. Check which input on the TV the source device is connected to.
  2. Using the supplied remote of the TV, press the INPUT button repeatedly until the correct HDMI input is displayed.

NOTE: The location of the Input button on your remote and the Input labels may be different on your TV.

Select TV Input

3. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable.

A bad connection may occur temporarily and cause this issue. Follow the steps below then check if the situation has improved.

1. Turn off all the devices.
    2. Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI Input terminal on the TV.
    3. Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI Output terminal on the connected device.
    4. Reconnect the HDMI cable firmly to the same terminals as it was connected on the TV and the connected device.
    5. Turn on the TV and the connected device, and turn them off. Then turn them on again to let the TV recognize the connected device.

HDMI Device Connection

4. Check if the input of the audio system (such as amplifier or theater stand) corresponds with the video output device when the video output device is connected to the TV through the audio system.

DVD to Home receiver

[1]: Video output device (Example: Blu-ray Disc/DVD player)

[2]: Audio system (Example: AV Amplifier)

[3]: TV

5. Make sure the connected device is set to output through its HDMI connection and the video format being output is compatible with the TV.

NOTE: The output signal set on your source device may be indicated on its display or in its menus.

HDMI ouput on device display

IMPORTANT:

• Some devices may output a 1080/24p or 1080/30p video signal, but some TVs can only accept a 1080/60p video signal. Changing the video output format of the connected device may resolve the issue. Check the manual or contact the manufacturer for further information about changing the video output format.
    • When connected to an A/V receiver using an analog connection type (Coaxial, Composite A/V, Component A/V, or S-Video), the receiver may not be able to up-convert that signal to HDMI to send to the TV. Refer to the operating instructions included with your A/V receiver for more information on other connection options.
  6. If the device is connected to an A/V Receiver or other component before being connected to the TV, try connecting directly to an HDMI input of the TV. If this works, your receiver or other device may not be an HDMI repeater and might not pass the signal on to the TV.

NOTE: An HDMI repeater receives an audio/video signal from one HDMI device and passes it through to another connected HDMI device. While Sony® products are supported for use with HDMI repeaters, products from other manufacturers may not be supported.

7. Power reset the TV and the connected device.

1. Turn off the connected device and the TV.
    2. Unplug the power cords of the device and the TV.
    3. Allow both the device connected and the TV to remain without power for 30 seconds.
    4. Plug the power cords of the device and the TV back into the electrical outlet.
    5. Turn on the connected device and TV.
  8. Try using a different HDMI cable.

NOTE: To view 1080p (50p/60p) quality picture on the TV from an external device, use a High Speed HDMI cable with the "HDMI" logo as the connection cable.

9. If possible, try a different device that can output an HDMI video signal using the same connections.
  10. If there is still no picture, reset the TV to factory settings.

NOTE: For Android™ TVs, steps are available on how to perform a factory reset.

If the issue persists, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 28 (266 Views)

My Sony TV fails to come on, not even a front panel light comes on. I even used the power switch on side of TV. Also I have disconnected the TV from any other equipment such as the DVR & antenna cable. Note: I've also done the Power Reset procedure several times!
Enthusiast
Message 27 of 28 (264 Views)

Oh I forgot to mention that when I plug in the power cord to the wall outlet, I hear a slight click inside the TV. Ditto when I unplug it.
Enthusiast
Message 28 of 28 (263 Views)

What's this Rookie ****** by my name?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook