Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

Groovin'
vishalb
Accepted Solution

Sony fooling the customer with Motionflow™ XR 200 on Sony 42(107 cm) W670A BRAVIA !!!

[ Edited ]

I bought the Sony 42(107 cm) W670A BRAVIA TV by looking at the Sony website http://www.sony.co.in/product/kdl-42w670a which says that the TV has Motionflow™ XR 200 which can show sharper and clear moving actions without blurring it.

But I am not able to locate this option anywhere in this TV. I created a service request 17044759. The technician visited and said that he is not aware of the Motionflow™ XR 200 function.

I am so surprised that if the TV doesn’t have Motionflow™ XR 200 then why they mentioned it on the website and also in brochure that I got from dealer.

Can someone help on this please?

Thanks in advance.

Vishal

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: Sony fooling the customer with Motionflow™ XR 200 on Sony 42(107 cm) W670A BRAVIA !!!

Hi vishalb!

Thanks for the message. The KDL42W670A is an Asia Pacific model. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony Support Center in your region. They are better equipped to respond to your questions or concerns. 

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
cool29

Re: Sony fooling the customer with Motionflow™ XR 200 on Sony 42(107 cm) W670A BRAVIA !!!

Hi I have KDL-32W674A and it also has a Motionflow™ XR 200. It is on the picture like picture engine, display resolution. there is no option button to enable or disable the Motionflow™ XR 200.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
vishalb

Hi Angela,

I did the same. Raised the troble ticket 16662557(Nov 11, 2013) and 17044759(Dec 13, 2013) but still did not recieved any answer about my query. They simply saying that they looking into it an will update me.

Can you share me the escalation email IDs for India / Asia region if you have?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
vishalb

Nope I am not agreed. If the W670A has refresh rate of 200 Hz then is should briliantly remove motion blurr.

But practically it didnot happen.

Even to test if your TV supports 200 Hz or not just play any news channel which has the news ticker or share market updates scrolling fast at the bottom of your TV screen. If you see the motion blurr on the scrolling text then the TV doesnt have 200 Hz refresh rate.

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
cool29

I didn't see any motion blur in my KDL32-674A. and I only use Aerial Antenna that I purchased at the hardware store here in my country. I installed in my roof top and use it with a coaxial cable wire and plug in the back of TV RF. here in my country we do not have a DIGITAL Broadcast system, we only have here an ANALOG Broadcast system, and I didn't see any blur motion text scrolling while I watch the TV News Program.

and I was amaze in my KDL-32W674A the color is great. and I am very satisfied with the outcome of this TV.

on your Picture settings, try to search the CINEMA DRIVE option. just OFF that cinema drive. I hope it help...

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
vishalb

Thanks buddy.

Yes I turned off the Cinema Drive mode and put it to sports mode, but still same results. Here in my country we have 22 HD channels on DTH including Discovery, NG, History etc. But I see the motion blur when there is high action or fast movements.

I am fully agree with you that the picture quality and colors on this TV are best than any other brands like Samsung, LG, etc. But in terms of improving motion blur this specific TV W670A from Sony is lagging behind.

On the other hand if you look at the other model W850 which is a 3D TV with Motionflow XR400 it certainly beats the motion blur brilliantly. But unfortunately our W670A can’t even perform half of it.

I hope Sony will take a serious look at my concern.

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

vishalb, 

We don't have access or any way to provide you with the information that you are asking from us. 
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
HugoBarbier

[ Edited ]

change.org/petitions/sony-add-the-motionflow-option-in-the-w6-tv-men

Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Hi HugoBarbier! 

It appears that you are located in France. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact Sony France. They are better equipped to respond to your questions or concerns.
Please use plain text.