Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

Tuning Up
smscott

Standby light on KDL-40V2500 blinking continuously

The standby light on my Sony BRAVIA 40" LCD HDTV KDL-40V2500 is blinking continuously (there is no interruption or pattern to the flashing sequence, it just blinks every 2-3 seconds continuously). It will not turn on.

I have tried turning the power Off and then On by pressing the power button on the TV; I've removed AC power from the TV for one minute by unplugging the TV from the outlet or power strip. No luck there. And I cannot reset the TV to the original factory settings, since it will not turn on.

What could be wrong with it?

Please use plain text.
JRS

Re: Standby light on KDL-40V2500 blinking continuously

Hello smscott,

Follow the steps below to resolve this issue:

1. Turn off the television.
  2. Unplug the television power cord from the electrical outlet.
  3. Let the television remain without power for 60 seconds.
  4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.

NOTE: If the television is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the television.

If the issue is still unresolved after following all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Please note the number of times the STANDBY light flashes and relay that information to the service center.

Thanks,

JRS

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
smscott

JRS, thanks for your reply.  But as I mentioned in my original post, I did all the things you suggested I do.

There is no actual number of blinks - it is blinking CONTINUOUSLY (there is no interruption or pattern to the flashing sequence, it just blinks every 2-3 seconds continuously).  Obviously the TV needs service, but if this is a known issue with known solution I would like to know - I may be able to DIY the repair.

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

It would be best to get in touch with a Sony authorized service center for more information on how to repair your TV. Please refer to this link to locate the nearest service center in your area. 

Please use plain text.