Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (801 Views)
Accepted Solution

TV/CABLE Input not highlighting on menu

I have a KDL-32R300C purchased back in Aug 15, 2016.  I am currently on cable and want to try out antenna TV to see what station were available in my area.  Well, yesterday when I went to hook up the antenna and switch the Input Menu from component (which is what the cable is hooked up to) the TV input would not highlight.

I unpluged everything, (even Cable and DVD player) including the TV's power source and left it for a minute.  Turned it back on.  With only the TV plugged in I still could not get the TV Input for the antenna to highlight on the menu.

Am I doing something wrong?  Help!

Thanks.

Message 2 of 4 (786 Views)

Re: TV/CABLE Input not highlighting on menu

Hi Atomicsmurf,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For activating the TV/Cable input, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Select Preferences.
  3. Look for AV Setup.
  4. Then choose Manage Inputs.

*Select Always to display names, or Off to disable input

I hope it helps. Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Regards,

^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (779 Views)

That did it!  Thank you.  You saved me from pulling out my hair. Smiley Happy

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (735 Views)

Hello,

I have the same tv as the last person that posted about the KDL 32r300c. Have owned it for a 4 months, and everything has worked fine up to this point. We have it for a video game tv, but wanted to try out the over the air antenna part of it. After hooking up an antenna to the unit, tried to change input to TV setting, it would not highlight. I read about going into settings and using the manage inputs, but for the life of me I can not find a settings menu when I go into options. I have tried pushing the menu button, options buton, and can not bring up settings to change tv input, or preferences or anything of that sort. It is like it doesnt exist on this tv. All I can find is basic operations for the screen, and sound and such like that. Am I missing something  or could there be something wrong with this tv?

I also did not get a remote with this tv, but have a universal one that has all the buttons the orignal came with. I have read  the manual on this set, and its pretty vague, unless this option of settings doesnt exist on this for some reason, like a malfunction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, pulling my hair out here! Thanks

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook