Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

USER-967120

TV base/stand for KDL 46nx800

I do not want to wall mount my tv I am using the current tv base that came with the tv . I have a stand that is 36 inch wide ,21 and 1 /2 inch deep , 18 and 1/2 inch high TV stand.

I use exercise in front of this tv (jumping jacks). I have concerns about vibrations. The current base/stand is in an inverted T shape. I am considering purchasing the accessory stand /base SU 46NX1. It looks like it may be a sturdier stand since it fits the entire bottom of the screen.

Has anyone had bad experience with the current base/stand . Is it sturdy? Is the accessory stand sturdier than the one that comes with the TV?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sonymod_wi

Re: TV base/stand for KDL 46nx800

The factory TV stand is sturdy, but it won’t hurt to take extra measures from any vibration. Secure the TV to a wall and/or stand with an optional support belt kit. Refer to page 13 of the TV operating manual for additional information and instruction for securing the TV.
Visit our parts and accessories website: http://www.sony.com/accessories
Please use plain text.