Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (16,302 Views)
Accepted Solution

Trinitron TV turns itself off. The red light is blinking 7 times

I have A FD Trinitron WEGA. It runs perfectly for the past 8 and half year. Recently, it turns itself off while we are watching. The red light at the TV front is blinking 7 times. I wonder if a repair is needed and how much it will cost, Thanks for your help.

Expert
Message 2 of 2 (16,293 Views)

Re: Trinitron TV turns itself off. The red light is blinking 7 times

Hi joehui,

Check if Clock/Timer setting is enabled in the TV. If so, deactivate the Sleep Timer settings.

If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the TV.

Follow the steps below to perform a power reset:

• Turn OFF the TV.
  • Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
  • Let the TV remain without power for 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
  • Turn ON the TV.

If the issue is still unresolved after following all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Locate the nearest authorized service centers from the below link.

https://eservice.sony.com

The exact cost of the repair can be determined only after physical examination of the TV. You can contact the service centers to know the exact repair cost.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook