Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (631 Views)

VERTICAL LINES ON A TV 14 MONTHS OLD

I bought my Sony XBR 65-900c in June of 2016. Fast forward 15 months later and I have vertical lines on a $1600 tv. I called Sony support and all they said was to call Geek Squad due to my 1 year warranty being expired.

It’s sad that Sony no longer cares about the customer, because they USED to be a great brand. I shouldn’t have to pay hundreds if not a thousand dollars to repair a tv that is just out of the manufacture warranty.

VerY disappointed to say the least and I will never get another Sony product. I will be sure to tell friends and family to stick with an alternative brand that actually costs less and lasts much longer.
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4 (553 Views)

Re: VERTICAL LINES ON A TV 14 MONTHS OLD

Hi Ndelviscovo,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We are sorry for what happened here. Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

You can verify if your television is the real problem here by with your initial checking. Disconnect all HDMI devices connected to your television and check if the lines are visible on the home screen. 

For further assistance, you can check the troubleshooting steps from this link. 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55005.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (539 Views)

I already went through the Sony “troubleshooting” steps and I am still awaiting a response from someone in customer support. I also had an outside company come and take a look at the damages. Your dismissive techniques to attempt and resolve the issue, unfortunately don’t correct the issue. How about instead of delaying the process, you guys send someone out to come and take a look at the issue?

I have yet to hear back from someone and when I call and speak to someone, they refer me right back to an email address claiming that I need to speak with someone in a different department. The technician that came out explained that it’s a common defect in sony televisions that he gets quite often. I assumed that was great news because it would be an easy fix. I then found out that the “common defect” is actually a very expensive part, one that he claims costs more then the television itself.

Instead of waiting a week to tell me how to troubleshoot the issue, which can be found on the website, how about Sony does the right thing and offers a technician to come out and do the right thing by the customer? A problem that they know is reoccurring and have chose not to recall.
Message 4 of 4 (501 Views)

Hi Ndelviscovo,

Thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We appreciate providing us this information. We would like to know more details about your concern. Please send me a private message with the reference number of your call if any so we can check your file.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook