Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 6 (2,472 Views)

Whistling high pitched noise in standby Bravia KDL-43W800C

My new Bravia KDL-43W800C is making an intermittent whistle sound (the same whistle goes for about 5 seconds and happens maybe every minute or so). It does this when it is turned on (in stand by) and when it is turned off turned off. 

Please help!

Message 2 of 6 (2,401 Views)

Re: Whistling high pitched noise in standby Bravia KDL-43W800C

HI Richard12

Welcome to the Sony Community! 

If the TV produces a high-pitched noise, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Change the channel or video input of the TV.

IMPORTANT: If the noise only occurs on a specific channel or input, the issue may be with the signal being received. It may be necessary to contact the signal provider.

2. Turn off the TV.
  3. Ensure that any audio or video components are connected to the TV properly.
  4. Remove all third party audio or video components connected to the TV.

NOTE: If the issue is resolved after removing third party audio or video components, one of those components causes the issue. To determine exactly which component is causing the issue, reconnect each audio or video component independently and check the status after each component is connected.

5. Unplug the TV power cord from the AC outlet.
  6. Let the TV set without power for 30 seconds.
  7. Plug the TV power cord back into the AC outlet.
  8. Turn on the TV.

If the issue goes unresolved, remove all connected devices then reset the TV to default settings. Here are the steps.

• Press and hold the Power button on the remote until the "Power off" message appears/ is displayed (approx. 5 seconds)
  • Release the Power button when "Power off" message appears on-screen
  • The TV will then turn itself off. Wait for a minute before turning it on again

IMPORTANT: Performing a reset does not erase your settings or downloaded apps; it just resets the TV's software.

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 3 of 6 (1,508 Views)

the same issue of whisting sound(high pitch noise) is there in my same model 

but its actually due to the adapter specially on stand by mode 

i dont know how to make it clear tried all options'

kindly help

Message 4 of 6 (1,479 Views)

Hi anuragm

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

We suggest following 

Kindly visit the nearest Sony Authorized Service Center is still having the same issue after the factory reset. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below

Rookie
Message 5 of 6 (177 Views)

The first Sony TV I bought had the same squeal when off, so I returned it and got the same model only to find out that TV alsi made a squealing sound. I found out that it is coming from the power cord, so I have to unplug the cord each night to get it to stop making the squealing sound. Please tell me Sony can send me a new power cord that doesn't make this high pitch squealing sound.
Message 6 of 6 (136 Views)

Hi, Nsnav589

Welcome to Sony Community! 

Did you use the same power adapter from the previous TV? Where did you purchase the TV? We also need the exact model number of your Bravia TV. 

It is possible that the issue is with the power outlet/source. If you are using a power strip or surge protector, unplug it and try to connect it directly into the wall outlet. Or better try to plug it into a different wall outlet to isolate the issue. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook