Welcome to the Community!

Television - Picture & Sound

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (552 Views)

XBR-65X900E And STR-DH740 Compatibility

Hey y’all. Just got a XBR-65X900E and have been working to get it going with my STR-DH740 7.2 surround sound system. The ARC option seems to only work intermittently while the Optical Out is only connecting at 2.0/0. Any ideas how to use Digital Optical Out at full surround?

Expert
Message 2 of 7 (537 Views)

Re: XBR-65X900E And STR-DH740 Compatibility

You probably need to enable HDMI control on the receiver for ARC to work.     And in settings/sound/digital audio out pick auto 1 or auto 2 to get dolby 5.1 and DTS support.   This should be the same for ARC and optical, except the manual says that dolby digital plus works with ARC only.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (506 Views)

Yea, it’s weird. I’d much rather use ARC but I get it set up and working, then the TV off and then it seems to shut off next time I try to watch something. I’ve never used ARC before. I have high speed HDMI cables so I don’t think that should matter. I’m assuming it’s the receiver that’s the problem and not the TV. In the Bravia sync menu it isn’t showing the receiver either so clearly there’s a communication issue.

Expert
Message 4 of 7 (493 Views)

I have a 55x900e working working with an STR-DH810 which isn't even in the 'bravia sync' compatible list - at least as far as power and volume control and ARC goes.   The TV is able to sense from the HDMI cable if the receiver is powered on and will switch back to the tv speakers if not.  The receiver has to have HDMI control on for this to work (see your receiver manual for how to enable it if you haven't already).   I had some trouble at first if the timing wasn't right and the TV was powered up before the receiver but setting 'audio system prioritization' on in sound settings seems to have fixed it.   It might be worth trying a different HDMI cable too.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (469 Views)

Thanks! I think the timing issue was my problem. I added a delay to my Harmony remote to have the receiver start first and I haven't had any issues since. Have some kudos!

Expert
Message 6 of 7 (460 Views)

In theory, the audio prioritization setting is supposed to make it switch back later when it sees the receiver is ready.   I had some problems with that at first and am not really sure what fixed it - it could have been one of the firmware updates instead of the setting changes.   More recently I've been using a remote that only powers on the TV, which then controls the receiver power via HDMI, but that takes another few seconds to happen.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (456 Views)

Yea, it does still seem to take a few seconds for ARC to switch on, but it's working consistently over the last 24 hours. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook