Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (423 Views)
Accepted Solution

XBR-75X850D Digital Optical out

Because of a hearing impairment, in order to enjoy watching TV I need to be able to use wireless headphones.
To hook up my Sennheiser 175's I normally use the Digital Optical out port.
I need to be able to do this without impacting any other sound output choices.
In other words I want sound from my speakers (builtin or HDMI) at the same time that I have sound to my headphones.
Does the Sony XBR-75X850D offer that capability?

Message 2 of 3 (395 Views)

Re: XBR-75X850D Digital Optical out

Hi Wabos42,

Welcome and thank you for calling SONY!

The TV is capable to output the sound from the built-in speaker and the connected headphone at the same time through headphone speaker link.

In order to hear sound from headphones and the TV speakers at the same time when watching TV or a movie, the source device must have multiple audio outputs.

NOTES:

• While some TVs have an audio output that can be used to connect headphones, in most cases this connection will disable the TV speakers. However, on Sony® TVs, a setting on the TV can be set so that the speakers will also output audio even after connecting a headphone.

To set the TV to output audio on both the TV speakers and connected headphones at the same time.

1. Press Home on the TV's supplied remote control.
    2. Go to Settings.
    3. Choose Headphone Speaker Link.
    4. Choose Speakers On.

NOTE: Older TV models do not come with the 3.5mm headphone output jack. Thus, they do not have the Headphone Speaker Link option in the menu. For these TV models, the option for audio output would either be TVSpeakers or Audio System.

• This solution provides a basic connection with wireless or wired headphones. If the devices you are using shows a different connection or recommends a different set up, refer to the manual of the device to optimize the model-specific functionality. Manuals, Specifications and Warranty information for your Sony product is available online.
  1. Check if the source device has multiple outputs.

Multiple audio outputs

NOTE: A source device is used to describe the device that is providing the signal to the TV. Generally, this is a cable box, satellite receiver or disc player.

2. Connect the source device to the TV.

NOTE: For the best image and audio quality, using an HDMI® connection is recommended.

3. On the back of the source device, connect one end of the audio cable to the AUDIO OUT jack.

Analog In

4. On the back of the transmitter of the headphones, connect the other end of the audio cable to the AUDIO IN jack

Headphone in

NOTE: Some headphones require a stereo mini plug connection instead of the common red and white composite connection. If a stereo mini plug cable did not come supplied with the headphones, the cable can be purchased at most electronic retailers.

Stereo to composite audio cable.

5. Wireless headphones generally require a power connection. Refer to the manual supplied with the headphones to determine if the headphones require batteries or an AC power connection.
  6. Turn on the TV and set it to the input used in step 2.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (351 Views)

Re: XBR-75X850D Digital Optical out

Thank you for your response. While not as 'automatic' as I would like, the process to switch the sound from my audio system to the TV speakers AND headphones is very easy.
Thanks!
Hal Baker

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook