Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

Groovin'
ponnambalaji
Accepted Solution

Youtube pairing for KDL 40NX711

How can I pair my mobile phone to my Sony KDL 40NX711 TV. How to check if my TV can be paired.

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: Youtube pairing for KDL 40NX711

If you are trying to pair your mobile phone with your TV so that you can use your cellphone to navigate or control your TV, that is not possible since the TV is not compatible with any application that would allow you to do that. For more information about the specifications of the TV refer to this link.

Or are you trying to pair or connect your mobile phone with the YouTube app? Does your TV have the new YouTube app?

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
ponnambalaji

I am trying to pair my phone with the youtube app. I am not sure if my TV is compatible for this. I wanted to get this information from here.

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

If your TV has the "New YouTube for TV" application under Internet Content then you could pair your mobile phone with the said application.

To check if your TV has the New YouTube for TV application.

1. Press the HOME button on the supplied remote.

2. Go to Internet Content.

3. Under Internet Content look for New YouTube for TV.

If you did not find the said application under Internet Content, check if the TV has the latest software version. The latest software version for your TV is 5.051. After updating the TV, go to Internet Content menu again and check if you now have the New YouTube for TV application. If the application is still not available, then it means that you cannot pair your mobile phone with the said application.

If the application is available on your TV, please refer to this article on how to pair or connect your phone with the YouTube application.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Please use plain text.