Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

Groovin'
kfir
Accepted Solution

how to setup my Sony KDL42W654

[ Edited ]

hi guys !

i have Sony KDL42W654 and i need some tips like how to setup my tv for best performance. (only display).

can anyone help me ?

thank you!

kfir.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
kfir

Re: Sony KDL42W654 calibration - help !

somebody ?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
tanventure44

Hi,

I assume you are talking about  how to setup of your Sony KDL tv, right? Probably people are confused with your word: calibration. 

I own a Sony KDL55HX800, there are optioins of video/audio/internet/display, etc. in setup based on video/audio content sources, as well as users' preferences. There are default setup for a new TV set. Hope this helps. 

just my 2 cents.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
kfir

[ Edited ]

where can i find the users' preferences ?

i dont like the default setup for this TV.

i only need some display settings for good image quality

waiting for your help .

thanks guys!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
tanventure44

You may find this Sony Bravia User guide useful, see 

http://store.sony.com/wcsstore/SonyStyleStorefrontAssetStore/pdf/warranty/SEL-asset-346771.pdf

This one is for Sony Bravia 2012 model so you may find it may not be applicable to your model, but you can some general ideas in setting up.

Hope it helps. Also some models of Sony Bravia have online i-Manual, you may take a look too.

Please use plain text.
KevinG

Re: how to setup my Sony KDL42W654

The KDL-42W654 model TV is sold in Asia Pacific and Europe; this Sony Community page is for the United States. However, I'll try to give you a couple things for you to check.

First look for a SCENE button on the supplied remote control. If the remote control has one, it will cycle through different picture preferences like Theater, Game, Sports, etc. Otherwise, try pressing the HOME button and go to Settings; Preferences is normally found in this section for TVs made for the U.S.

If this does not help, you may need to contact Sony in the region where your TV is sold to get specific information on that model.

Please use plain text.