Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

Groovin'
petico85
Accepted Solution

light bulb

I had gotin a tv from my cousin and its still in working condition and after a lil time the pic started to go in and out and after i found out that i needed to replace the bulb cause its a projection TV and i replaced it and everything was working and then about a month later the pic started to fad and now i have a blue tint around the hole tv and in the middle is a yellow tint and after talking to some tv techs i found out that the light bulb is too strong for the crystals and now i dont know what to do cause i got the light bulb from your company and i dont have ins for the tv so i want to know what you can do for me
Please use plain text.
Chart Buster
truedaystar

Re: light bulb

What model TV do you have? sounds like an older RP LCD model with an optic block going out.
George
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
petico85

Its KDF 55WF655
Please use plain text.
Chart Buster
truedaystar

It's the optic block... not much that can be done, you can get it rebuilt but it probably will fail again it time.
George
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
petico85

So other then the optic block being rebuilt am i able to get some kind of credit towards a new tv
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
petico85

And how much would it cost to have your compony to rebuilt it
Please use plain text.
Chart Buster
truedaystar

I don't work for sony.. you would have to contact them email them at sonylistens@am.sony.com and see what they offer you, inlcuded your details, serial number, model number, and contact info.
George
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.