Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

New Contributor
jackal51

power/standby light

When I turn on the TV, the power/standby light goes green, blinks for a while, then blinks red. At the time it switches to red, there is a small click sound from near where the power cord connects to the TV. This has been happening for the past several days. Until today, when I turned the TV off and on several times, it would stay on with no further problems. Today, nothing works. I've tried the troubleshooting methods (though none exactly describes my problem). What's up?
The model # KF-50WE610. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
USER-988629

Re: power/standby light

Jackal51
My TV, same model, also has the same problem, the green light turns on then blinks a few times then it changes to a red blinking light. It was working fine until just a couple of days. I was happy to see that there's at least another person having the same problem, as it seems like it's no huge problem.

I checked the operating instructions booklet that came with the TV when I bought it. And according to the booklet, the projection lamp has died and it needs to be replaced. If you still have the booklet, read page 13 "Replacing the lamp" for instructions on how to replace it. I now need to browse this website to see if I can order a projection lamp.

Good luck!

Carlos
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jackal51

Carlos:

Thanks for your response. I know I've got that book filed away for safe keeping somewhere. I'll intensify the search.

I needed to replace the lamp once before about 2 years ago. It is easy to do. Check other sites on line for the lamp as well as the
Sony site (sorry Sony). You can get a new lamp for about half the price [though maybe that's why I probably need to replace it now].

I don't remember what the problem was when I needed to replace the lamp before but I think it was much different from this time. Now, if I can get the TV to turn on, as I've been able to do after much trying, the picture is fine. I do recall that when I needed to replace the lamp before there was also a noise from the back of the set as there is now, but it was a different noise--a crackling sound--and from a differnt area of the back of the set. Obviously doesn't mean two different problems can't have the same solution.

Anyway, thanks again.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jackal51

Carlos:

It's jackal51 again. I looked at the operating instructions now--found it was here on line. I need to clarify if our problem is actually the same. On the front of the set are three lights.

The top: power/standby
second: timer
bottom: lamp

In my case, it is the TOP light that blinks. When I turn on the set, the green blinks 6 times, then turns red, blinks 6 times red, then pauses, then 6 more reds. (Scary the things we watch without TV, Huh?)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-927312

When I turn on the TV, the power/standby light goes green, blinks for a while, then blinks red. At the time it switches to red, there is a small click sound from near where the power cord connects to the TV. This has been happening for the past several days. Until today, when I turned the TV off and on several times, it would stay on with no further problems. Today, nothing works. I've tried the troubleshooting methods (though none exactly describes my problem). What's up?
The model # KF-50WE610. Thanks.

I have exactly the same symptoms, except that in my case it blinks 5 times, 3 seconds pause, 5 blinks and on and on.

My model is XBR-60LX900. Have you got any luck?? If not, I just called service so I should hear from them in the next few days. I´ll let you know what come out.
Please use plain text.
jet
jet

I have a similar problem as others do but slightly different. The 1st time I had an issue I had just turned the set on. After several minutes there was a clap(like two pieces of plastic hitting) and the picture went black. Upon turning the set back on, there is a screeching sound, this occurs maybe 4 times or so over about 40 secs, the green light flashes all during, then the lamp light blinks. Turning it off an off repeats this process. I am not sure, if we need lamps, whether we should just get the lamp or get the housing/cage too.
Please use plain text.