Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

Groovin'
KarenBarr
Accepted Solution

sony grand wega tv red light blinks 6 times

The red light on the TV blinks 6 times when I turn it on. I get no picture or sound. I have read that this is a board that needs replaced? any help?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: sony grand wega tv red light blinks 6 times

Connect the TV to a different wall outlet. If the TV is connected via a power strip/surge protector, then try connecting it directly to a wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, then the problem is with the power strip/surge protector and not the TV.

Follow the steps below to resolve this issue:

• Turn off the TV.
  • Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
  • Let the TV remain without power for 60 seconds.
  •  Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.

If the issue is still unresolved after following all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Locate the nearest authorized service centers from the below link.

https://eservice.sony.com

The exact issue can be determined only after physical examination of the TV by the service technician.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
KarenBarr

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately this did not fix the blinking

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

As the issue was not resolved, getting the TV serviced at your nearest authorized service center is the only option. Our professionally trained service technicians should be able to assist you in resolving the issue.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
MoonTheLoon

I replaced the bulb on my Sony Wega TV and still had the same issue of the blinking light. I even used a working bulb from another TV and that didn't work. To make matters worse, when I returned the working bulb to the TV I got it from, that TV starting blinking red and wouldn't come one. Finally I figured out that before turning on the TV to test it that you should 1) make sure when you put the housing back in the TV that the plug on the front of the bulb is securely inserted into the receiving plug inside the TV -- just becaue the bulb feels like it's snapping into place doesn't guarantee that, and 2) the allen screw on the left must be securely fastened and 3) the front panel has to be in place and the brace fastened across the front of it. Hope this helps someone as I spent a couple of hours going out of my mind.

Please use plain text.